Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you believe Bangladesh can beat Pakistan in a Cricket Test match?

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
If you have asked this question to me till yesterday I would have politely said NO because Pakistan is a good team and Bangladesh is only good in their own home conditions but today Bangladesh turned tables and are just touching distance away from beating Pakistan in their own conditions.

Bangladesh won the match by 10 wickets. They proved that they are better than Pakistan. I wonder how they restricted Pakistan to 146 runs in the second innings. Pakistan succumbed to their bowlers. In recent times, Pakistan has not performed well.

Last edited:
Today they registered their first victory against Pakistan and that too in a huge way. So, yes they can. Cricket or any game of sports is unpredictable. Game can turn to any side in a matter of time. No one can be assured of the result till the match is actually over.

It was a boring test match till day 4 and not many would have expected a result and a Bangladesh victory wasn't expected looking at the time left in the match but they played really well.

I can understand it. If both teams make more than 450 runs in their first inning, the match looks boring. Bangladesh played so well to clinch the match. Pakistan may have never thought that they would face a loss against the Bangladesh team.

This is eye opener for Pakistan because they aren't playing enough test cricket at home and are still not clear about their pitch related requirements.

I am sure Pakistan will bounce back and will win the 2nd test otherwise they will surely remove their test skipper from captaincy LOL

The way the Pakistani team is playing I doubt if they may be able to win any match against Bangladesh. Let's see what happens in the next match.

They can win and they are known for come backs and lets see how the pitch will behave for the next match

I don't think they will bounce back because, as per my thinking, this is the worst team Pakistan ever had. They don't play as a unit, and cricket is a team game you cannot win by performing well individually.

I also want them to get defeated and then we will see another disaster of changes in the Pakistani set up

They need to changes and should replace Rizwan, Babar and Afridi with some youngsters. Harif Rauf who doesn't look fit should never be considered.

Lets see what they change because they have a new coach and it will take time for him to make things settled

If Bangladesh play well then they can beat Pakistan in the 2nd test because Pakistan is still not playing at its best

Bangladesh is a tough side to beat in the Asian conditions and they have previously beaten New Zealand in New Zealand so they have the skills and experience.

Back