Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Did you ever have a nickname?

Roman

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I'm talking about nicknames and not usernames online. Unless if your nickname is the same thing that you're using as your screen, then it's okay.

What's the nickname you've? Why did you choose the nickname or was it your friends who gave you the nickname?

I've had three

Smelly Emily, because of my incontinence- this started at school, no one wanted to sit next to me in class just in case I had an accident

Scar, because of all the abuse scars on my face
The third was slightly more welcoming. People started calling me Lady Grantham, because I loved Downton abby so much- and I even responded to it in my best royal voice.

When it got to the end of my school years, my friends started calling me Smurfette. It even got written on my leavers shirt in big letters on the back, lol.
They called me this because I am short and have blonde hair.

I've had three

Smelly Emily, because of my incontinence- this started at school, no one wanted to sit next to me in class just in case I had an accident.
Damn. This must have been very difficult for you at the time in school. It's something capable of making someone depressed.

I was never good enough to be given a nickname by my friends in school. I felt bad about it though because I was the only one in class without a nickname.

I headbutted one of my classmate when we fought in class and busted his lips wide open. My class guys named me hammer head after that fight.

When I was born, my dad was always shocked at how small I was (I was born 5lb 5 ounces) and from the day I was born he gave me the nickname Diddy or Did and that carried out throughout my life.

Shortie is a nickname that my friends gave to me when I was in school and is now my online nickname both for forums and for gaming.

I had a nickname when I was a kid. The nickname was given to me by my father because of how fast I used to run whenever I was sent on a message. My father said I was almost jumping when I was crawling because I wanted to walk so fast as a child.

I got the name, Ratty, as a kid growing up due to my stubbornness. I was someone that you can never push aside no matter what is going on. I will fight to the end to claim my right, and that was why I had that nickname. I don't let a lot of people know about this particular nickname of mine, though.

I headbutted one of my classmate when we fought in class and busted his lips wide open. My class guys named me hammer head after that fight.
Wow, this sounds very serious. I wonder what would have resulted in the fight with your classmate which reached to the extent of headbutting him. Do you know the headbutt could have killed your classmate and you will be tried for manslaughter? I don't like fighting anyone. I would do anything possible to avoid a physical fight.

Yeah. In my place, every person has two names - one nickname and one formal/official/real name that is used in all identity documents. So yeah I have a nickname. Usually, family members keep that nickname and only they are the ones who call you by that name unless anyone else knows.

Yeah. In my place, every person has two names - one nickname and one formal/official/real name that is used in all identity documents. So yeah I have a nickname. Usually, family members keep that nickname and only they are the ones who call you by that name unless anyone else knows.
If you have funny friends growing up, they will never rest until they have given you a befitting nickname that says so much about you. It's when you don't have friends in your neighbourhood when you're kids, it will be hard to see any please giving you a nickname.

Most often nicknames are given to the school and I was also bullied because I was the main figure for bullying in my class. I certainly did not like it, although there was nothing offensive about the nickname (pillow) due to the similarity with my last name, which I will not write. However, I knew that it was said with the purpose of insulting me, so this nickname was perceived very badly by me

I have a nick name, my parents, siblings, and friends never called me by my nickname but almost all of my relatives and neighbors called me by my nickname. Interestingly, I married to a woman whose real name was my nickname. Sometimes there was a confusion when someone called me by my nickname when I was with my wife.

Most often nicknames are given to the school and I was also bullied because I was the main figure for bullying in my class. I certainly did not like it, although there was nothing offensive about the nickname (pillow) due to the similarity with my last name, which I will not write. However, I knew that it was said with the purpose of insulting me, so this nickname was perceived very badly by me
Yes, there are some nicknames which are given to someone just to make fun of them and probably insult them because of either how they look, their height and skin colour. There are students who are racist, which is what they learnt from their parents.

I had a lot of nicknames back then in school, but one of the most common and funniest one was isoko Ninja. Isoko is a name of a minor tribe here in my country, and that's the tribe my dad came from. They started calling me that probably due to the way I ran. They said I was running like does ninjas from Naruto. 😂

When I was young, my family would call me little Greg. And the sad part is I am almost 50 years old, and my family on my dads side still call me little Greg. I will always be little Greg until they die.

P.S. my dads name is Greg, which is why I get called little Greg.

When I was young, my family would call me little Greg. And the sad part is I am almost 50 years old, and my family on my dads side still call me little Greg. I will always be little Greg until they die.

P.S. my dads name is Greg, which is why I get called little Greg.
As for me, I think it's cute when an already older person is called little Greg. It's great that the nickname is not offensive. I think that you are not offended by this, or were there times when you did not want to be called that way?

In high school, I was very fiery. I was like a freedom fighter that dared everyone including the authorities. That's how my classmates called me "Storm". But I had to change that nickname as I grew. In university, I was called Rex. The funny thing is that all my nicknames were all brands in the environment I am in.

Way back in high school, I picked up the nickname "Ace" from some friends. It started as an ironic thing since I was kind of an awkward, bookish kid not exactly acing the cool factor. But the name just kind of stuck.

Back