Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Are You Good At Poem Writing?

Writing a poem is a passion and not all can write a persuasive and emphatic poem. I learned writing a poem when I was 10 years old. When I entered high school I became the literary editor of our high school paper and also in the university where I took up my course BS Physics. I was the only Physics and Math student who wrote poems.
Good things take time and you did incredibly well in this time. It's indeed an achievement to start at such a young age when you were a student of Maths and Physics.

Good things take time and you did incredibly well in this time. It's indeed an achievement to start at such a young age when you were a student of Maths and Physics.
I wrote 800 poems and most of them were published and paid me. it is not easy to compose a poem if you are not used to write it. Your brain likes to crack thinking of the right words that would be appealing to the reader and stirring their emotions. But you may try .

I wrote 800 poems and most of them were published and paid me. it is not easy to compose a poem if you are not used to write it. Your brain likes to crack thinking of the right words that would be appealing to the reader and stirring their emotions. But you may try .
This is a big achievement. On an average how much they paid per poem? Do you have plans to write a poems book?

This is a big achievement. On an average how much they paid per poem? Do you have plans to write a poems book?
I joined a poetry international contest and won third only. My poem is too long. I posted it here. You may like to read my international entry poem. The winner was from the USA. She received @$2000. I already have a poem book published at Poetry Nation. About the fee it is per word.

I joined a poetry international contest and won third only. My poem is too long. I posted it here. You may like to read my international entry poem. The winner was from the USA. She received @$2000. I already have a poem book published at Poetry Nation. About the fee it is per word.
You are incredible. Just imagine you will be earning $2000 in next contest. That will make things rosy for you dear friend

You are incredible. Just imagine you will be earning $2000 in next contest. That will make things rosy for you dear friend
Thank you so much but it is hard to win the first prize . Who the contest organizers prefer to win are mostly from their country, from the USA and other tier 1 and tier 2 countries, My country is in Tier 3 so I never expect to be voted winner. I read the winning poem, it was tasteless for me, too short and in a paragraphing way as if writing a paragraph, so weird,

Thank you so much but it is hard to win the first prize . Who the contest organizers prefer to win are mostly from their country, from the USA and other tier 1 and tier 2 countries, My country is in Tier 3 so I never expect to be voted winner. I read the winning poem, it was tasteless for me, too short and in a paragraphing way as if writing a paragraph, so weird,
This is not good. They should look for best poem and not from which country person written that. This is not a good selection procedure

I never liked poem reading and writing will be impossible for me. I find it interesting that now it's possible to make money from poem writing.

I think I am. A lot of people have praised my poetry. I have not written any poems in the last 10 years but the first book I ever published was a poetry collection. I have published a lot of poems online and newspapers.

The only thing I did while in high school was writing short stories, fiction and real experience than writing poem. I have passion for writing but not for poems.

I would say so, yes. I started writing poetry 10 years ago or so. I am always using AABB rhyme. However, I am no longer doing poetry, kind a don't have it anymore in me. Dunno why.
Here is a poem I wrote 10 years ago:

What is love?

Love is when you make my heart warm,
And stand with me watching the storm.
Love is when you give me one good kiss,
And when I know that you are the one I miss.

Love is when you are there, when you are near,
And when I know that you are safe, with no fear.
Love is so beautiful, fulfilling and yet so funny,
Love is something that can't be bought with money.

Love is innocent , childish and yet so great,
Love is when we stay awake chatting late.
Love is simple, love is when you talk,
And when you smile, and when you walk.

I will love you as long as my heart tick,
And when you are healthy and sick.
I will protect and if needed die for you,
For we are united one person, not two.

Am I good at writing poetry? Well, I have been writing songs since I was 15!

Back