Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

DH Contests April Contest has started from 2nd April 2024 - 1st May 2024!

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
The contest for April will begin on the 2nd of April 2024 straight after the timer runs down for the March contest.

This contest will run from 2nd of April 2024 to 1st of May 2024

Rules!

1. A counted participation of 40 words or more must not be spam. If the reply requires less than 40 words do not attempt to resay the same thing to fulfill the 40-word requirement.
  2. Posts should be on topic and posted in the correct forums, we understand that mistakes can happen and if you do happen to post a thread in the wrong forum, please report it and we can move it for you.
  3. Winners will be responsible for any fees incurred when sending the payments. Any fees that are deducted are out of our hands. Shortie uses Coinbase to purchase any crypto to be sent and in some cases, does receive a coinbase fee and a network fee, this is something Shortie can not avoid and the final amount sent and received is subject to fees taken.

We reserve the right to make changes to these rules as we see fit and if changes are made, we will alert all members so they are aware.
Referral Contest

The first content is a referral contest in which you invite your friends to Discussion Hub using the referral link you can find here you can also see the link to this page on the navigation page above the forums.

Rules

Refer your friends for a chance to win your share of $50! The top 3 referrers who also complete the posting tasks will win! You can find your referral code either at the following link here or in the sidebar on the main forum home page.

Referral Contest Prizes are as follows

1st place - $20
2nd - $15
3rd - $10
4th - $5

• 1. Refer a friend and they sign up
  • 2. You and the friend you referred must have made at least 10 posts between 2nd March 2024 and 2nd April 2024!
All referrals will be counted up and all accounts will be checked to ensure 10 posts were made between the two before the announcement is made for the winners.

Please note you will need to make 10 posts around Discussion Hub before your referral link will show to you :)

Top Posters of the Month Contest
The contest this month will be based on the top 4 posters of the month by 2nd May (any posts made on the 1st of April will be added to your post count from March to make this fair)

Top Posters of the Month Contest Prizes are as follows

1st - $20
2nd - $15
3rd - $10
4th - $5

The following members will have posts deducted from the April Top Posters of the Month as these were counted for March

deucher - 124
eldavis - 106
Sevik - 87
Mad Hatter - 60
yusura - 106
King Belieal - 94
Sevik - 87

All winners of both contests will be announced on the 1st of May 2024!

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone!

Then I think it needs to be corrected on the list of top posters of the month, cause it's still showing this previous score, so as not to cause confusion.
Happy new month everyone, and wish you the best.

I think you mean posts between 2nd April and 2nd of May?

Good luck people ;)

Then I think it needs to be corrected on the list of top posters of the month, cause it's still showing this previous score, so as not to cause confusion.
Happy new month everyone, and wish you the best.
We have looked into this but have not found a way to reset it. I have noted down the posts that were counted for the March contest so these will be deducted from the final post count of the members on the top on May 1st to make this fair for all and essentially means that everyone starts at 0.

To prevent this from happening next month, the timer will end at midnight BST (7pm EST, 4pm PST) for next month so that when the Top Posters of the Month switches to May, it will be a fresh start for everyone :)

I hope this helps :)

We have looked into this but have not found a way to reset it. I have noted down the posts that were counted for the March contest so these will be deducted from the final post count of the members on the top on May 1st to make this fair for all and essentially means that everyone starts at 0.

To prevent this from happening next month, the timer will end at midnight BST (7pm EST, 4pm PST) for next month so that when the Top Posters of the Month switches to May, it will be a fresh start for everyone :)

I hope this helps :)
Okay that's a lot better, once again a big Weldone and great work.

@Shortie please answer this

I think you mean posts between 2nd April and 2nd of May?
We changed this on the day the contest started to end on the 1st of May so that the Top Posters of the Month refreshes once the contest has ended and it is a fresh start for all members rather than the confusion.

Thanks.

We have made a slight update regarding payments sent via crypto to avoid any further confusion. The update is as follows

• Winners will be responsible for any fees incurred when sending the payments. Any fees that are deducted are out of our hands. Shortie uses Coinbase to purchase any crypto to be sent and in some cases, does receive a coinbase fee and a network fee, this is something Shortie can not avoid and the final amount sent and received is subject to fees taken.

The contest for April will begin on the 2nd of April 2024 straight after the timer runs down for the March contest.

This contest will run from 2nd of April 2024 to 1st of May 2024

Rules!

1. A counted participation of 40 words or more must not be spam. If the reply requires less than 40 words do not attempt to resay the same thing to fulfill the 40-word requirement.
  2. Posts should be on topic and posted in the correct forums, we understand that mistakes can happen and if you do happen to post a thread in the wrong forum, please report it and we can move it for you.
  3. Winners will be responsible for any fees incurred when sending the payments. Any fees that are deducted are out of our hands. Shortie uses Coinbase to purchase any crypto to be sent and in some cases, does receive a coinbase fee and a network fee, this is something Shortie can not avoid and the final amount sent and received is subject to fees taken.

We reserve the right to make changes to these rules as we see fit and if changes are made, we will alert all members so they are aware.
Referral Contest

The first content is a referral contest in which you invite your friends to Discussion Hub using the referral link you can find here you can also see the link to this page on the navigation page above the forums.

Rules

Refer your friends for a chance to win your share of $50! The top 3 referrers who also complete the posting tasks will win! You can find your referral code either at the following link here or in the sidebar on the main forum home page.

Referral Contest Prizes are as follows

1st place - $20
2nd - $15
3rd - $10
4th - $5

• 1. Refer a friend and they sign up
  • 2. You and the friend you referred must have made at least 10 posts between 2nd March 2024 and 2nd April 2024!
All referrals will be counted up and all accounts will be checked to ensure 10 posts were made between the two before the announcement is made for the winners.

Please note you will need to make 10 posts around Discussion Hub before your referral link will show to you :)

Top Posters of the Month Contest
The contest this month will be based on the top 4 posters of the month by 2nd May (any posts made on the 1st of April will be added to your post count from March to make this fair)

Top Posters of the Month Contest Prizes are as follows

1st - $20
2nd - $15
3rd - $10
4th - $5

The following members will have posts deducted from the April Top Posters of the Month as these were counted for March

deucher - 124
King Belieal - 106
Sevik - 87
Mad Hatter - 60
yusura - 106
King Belieal - 94
Sevik - 87

All winners of both contests will be announced on the 1st of May 2024!
@Shortie, please make the correction on my post count to be deducted for this month. It is supposed to be 94 and not 106. My moniker was written twice with the correct figure of 94 posts and the second one being 106 posts. Since the end of the contest, I have not posted and my post count is still at 94 posts as I am typing this. I want to start posting now. Wouldn't want any discrepancy at the end.

@Shortie, please make the correction on my post count to be deducted for this month. It is supposed to be 94 and not 106. My moniker was written twice with the correct figure of 94 posts and the second one being 106 posts. Since the end of the contest, I have not posted and my post count is still at 94 posts as I am typing this. I want to start posting now. Wouldn't want any discrepancy at the end.
My apologies :) I noted you down twice instead of another member with 106. Thank you for bringing this to my attention :) this has now been fixed.

Not fully understanding why members ought to be paid to post. Not me I'm not about to be a literary mercenary. I am here because I want to be here and will not accept any payments now or in the future. The admin puts in a lot of his time, must he also be losing $$$ as well?

Last edited:
Not fully understanding why members ought to be paid to post. Not me I'm not about to be a literary mercenary. I am here because I want to be here and will not accept any payments now or in the future. The admin puts in a lot of his time, must he also be losing $$$ as well?
Will you give the reward to the poster under you in the posting contest? This means the poster under you in the posting contest position will get a reward instead of you. I do not think it is possible after everything has been distributed among members.

Featured Articles

Back