Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Movies 3+ hour movies

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
3+ hour movies were once the norm but they’re rare now. There’s still the occasional 3+ hour movie, like Oppenheimer recently, but it’s not as common as it once was. What are your thoughts on 3+ hour movies? Is it too long? Have social media platforms, such as TikTok, affected our attention span?

Personally, I find it easier to watch six 45-minute episodes of a TV series than to watch a 3 hour movie. 3 hours seems too long to watch in one sitting, psychologically. Maybe it’s just me.

I watched recently Tenet movie. It was probably 3h30min long movie. I had to watch in several takes. It wasn't in the cinema. That was wild. I don't know how people in the cinema didn't feel bored.

I have never been able to sit through 3-hour movies as I lose interest and find something else to do.
I have only managed to watch 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes movies as they are not too long.

I saw Killers of the Flower Moon last week which was 3 hours 26 minutes :eek:

A bit slow in some parts but I did enjoy it.

If the movie isn't boring, I wouldn't mind how many hours it took. It's common for movies to be 3 hours plus today anyways. I saw Oppenheimer too, it was worth watching for 3 hours.

Zack Snyder's Justice League was 4 hours long and it merited it. I've watched the movie so many times, it lived up to the hype. Zack Snyder movies have always been extremely good.

For me, these films are not difficult to watch, because when such a film is released, it is always made very interesting. Because if they released such an uninteresting film, people would simply not watch it and they would lose a lot of money. For example, as an avatar, it was made very cool and I don't think that anyone will not watch it to the end

Extended 3+ hour movies can be a polarizing topic. While some viewers relish the opportunity to immerse themselves in a sprawling cinematic experience, others may find the runtime to be excessive and challenging for their attention span. I believe that well-crafted, lengthy films can still captivate and engage viewers when the storytelling and filmmaking are of the highest quality.

Zack Snyder's Justice League was 4 hours long and it merited it. I've watched the movie so many times, it lived up to the hype. Zack Snyder movies have always been extremely good.
Yes I actually enjoyed it, and the funny thing was that it didn't even feel like a four hour movie. You won't notice the hours if the movie is good. Though these days finding movies this long is not that common.

I recently watched Killers of the Flower Moon and this movie is over 3 hours long. It was difficult to be in one place for so long because I watched it in the cinema. But I think if it's a very cool plot and cool actors, then you can suffer because it was worth it

Back