Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Would you rather own or rent your house?

Nolan

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Are you living in your own house or rented apartment? How long have you been living in a rented apartment?

Do you plan on buying your own house or living in a rented apartment is what's best for you?

I currently rent but would rather buy because it would be mine and the council could not evict me. Sadly, I will never be able to afford it.

Why would I want to rent a house if I can buy and own one? It bugs me to pay rent every year. I would love to get past that stage in my life as soon as possible.

I'm still living in a rented apartment but I would want to own my house soon. I will be more relaxed living in my own house because it will be more comfortable.

I'd rather buy a house.
It's a lot better than rent as you won't have to pay for rent and it's up to you what you want to do with your house.

It is only a stupid and shortsighted person who can buy or built his own house that would be comfortable to live in a rented apartment where he is required to be paying his rent on yearly or monthly basis. I would give everything and do anything possible which is legal to buy or build my own house.

I live in a rented apartment but it won't be for long. Maybe in two years time, I would have had my own house completed and move into living in it.

I have my own home in my hometown but since I've been staying outside for my job for the past 5 years, I've been staying in a rented room (PG). It's like a room where 2-3 people stay together and pay monthly rent. Food, washing machine, water, electricity, etc, are provided. I can choose to stay alone too but the rent will be almost double then.

I live in a rented apartment but it won't be for long. Maybe in two years time, I would have had my own house completed and move into living in it.
It's never too late to own your house. This will be saving you thousands of dollars bring paid on rent. This is why those who are into real estate business are making so much money because the money people pay for rent is much. If you have your own house, all this expenses will come to an end.

I currently live in a rented apartment that I pay for myself. But I was lucky as a child to live with parents who had their own house and it was a cool feeling when you have your own real estate. Over the years, I plan to buy a house with a mortgage and pay it off for many years, but I will own it and I will not owe anyone if, for example, I break a window

Most people I know all started out with living in a rented apartment which was exactly the same way I started out my life after moving out from my parents house. It's only those whom their family had wealth to buy them their own houses get the privilege of living in their own house.

In my opinion, it is correct that most of them lived in rented apartments, because if your parents bought you a house to live in, then you simply have no motivation to develop. You can only earn money on utilities and food, and that would be very boring
Most people I know all started out with living in a rented apartment which was exactly the same way I started out my life after moving out from my parents house. It's only those whom their family had wealth to buy them their own houses get the privilege of living in their own house.

I would say that as long as you are not living together with your parents in the house which they have bought for you, if you want to develop yourself, it's possible for you to do so. It's only when you're the lazy type of son or daughter that you will always be looking at your parents money.

I live in a rented property, I have a small farm house and probably go back to my farmhouse when I retire, therefore, I have no desire to buy a house. However, owing a house in a city can also gurantee you a financial security as you not only save money on rent but also earn passive income. Therefore, if I have money, I might also buy a house.

If I have the money, I would do more than what I have done so far in real estate. There's so much money to make in real estate business and renting of apartment. If I should have a house in the city, this will bring in so much money for me and I will do my best to keep expending the business.

I'd rather buy a house.
It's a lot better than rent as you won't have to pay for rent and it's up to you what you want to do with your house.
Of course, it is profitable, but you can live in a rented apartment as long as you want and then move at the right moment, but it will be much more difficult to do this with your own house and you can sell it not so soon and much more paperwork is required

Your finance is what would determine if it's the right time for you to buy a new property or build a new house or still retain your rented apartment as long as it's still in a good condition but if it's not in a good state, you can decide to move to another rented apartment which is better.

This is a very cool advantage of a rented house because I had a situation where I had bad neighbors and I just decided to inform the owner that I was moving and it was quite easy. The most difficult thing is just to transport all the things, which requires spending and a day
Your finance is what would determine if it's the right time for you to buy a new property or build a new house or still retain your rented apartment as long as it's still in a good condition but if it's not in a good state, you can decide to move to another rented apartment which is better.

My home isn't much, it's a double wide mobile home set up in a trailer park. But at least it's mine and it's just about paid for. If I sell it I can easily get $100,000 for it. If I rented that is money that I would never see again.

One of the major projects that I sincerely desire to undertake is to start developing my own property. I am living in a rented apartment but the reason I can't get married is because I don't have a house of my own. It is one of the achievements I had set myself as a criteria before getting married because I don't want to bear the burden of paying rents when I am raising a family.

Back