Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

WiFi

Sevik

Active Contributor

Reaction score
How safe is your wifi? Ever felt that it is too slow than it should be?

Sometimes I feel it is too slow and sometimes it looks as if it's not working but still it is faster than my mobile data which doesn't work at my home because of the network issues.

I don't use a wifi though. I just buy a regular data plan for my mobile sim card and am good to go.

Speed of Wi-fi compared to the mobile data is fast in my case. I don't know about others. Also, the cost of mobile data is higher than wi-fi. But the drawback is you cannot use Wi-Fi everywhere

I do not know about data safety but the Internet service provider I am using has been in business for over two decades and there has been no complains of data breach until know. I do not share my Internet with other people

I do not use public wifi. At home, I have my own connection, and when I am outdoors, I use mobile data. As far as I know there has been no security issues with the internet service provider or the mobile operator I use. My mobile operator is a government agency and my internet service provider is the biggest company in the country.

I do not know about data safety but the Internet service provider I am using has been in business for over two decades and there has been no complains of data breach until know. I do not share my Internet with other people
What service provider are you using in your country?

I don't I have a personal WiFi, I only get to use it when I go out to places that offer them. For me, my mobile data is enough.

My wifi is pretty safe and it’s not slow at all.
Once I get a new laptop and phone, I think my next project would be to buy a small WiFi or mifi for myself personal use and business.

Once I get a new laptop and phone, I think my next project would be to buy a small WiFi or mifi for myself personal use and business.
That will be great, especially for your laptop. Because connecting laptop to a phone's hotspot can drain mobile data very fast. So the Wi-Fi on Mi-Fi will be a good idea.

Yes especially now that it seems the data just seems to vanish. I did 5gb and I didn't even use it the way I normally do, only to get a notification that it has finished.

Yes especially now that it seems the data just seems to vanish. I did 5gb and I didn't even use it the way I normally do, only to get a notification that it has finished.
Those network providers know how to suck data unnecessarily. You will just be browsing and boom, 10GB had been exhausted 🙄

Yea, it seems they have twerked things to their benefits, the price has been increased and they do not last like they use to.

I am working with Mobile data and its perfectly fine although at times I feel the speed is quite slow to my liking

Yea, it seems they have twerked things to their benefits, the price has been increased and they do not last like they use to.
Yeah, they know what they are doing. It is all deploy for us to keep buying more and more data.

Yes and we do not have much of a choice rather than to buy it.

The only time that I might need to use a WiFi is when I use my phone as a data hotspot to connect my laptop. And it is always pretty fast.

I don't have WiFi at home but its fine as I am fine working with my mobile data and the Internet speed is fine

I am thinking of buying one, but before doing that,I plan on calculating to see which one would be cheaper for me between the wifi and my mobile data

Back