Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

WiFi Abroad?

Bizdustry

Off The Mark

Reaction score
When you are booking a holiday or for those American readers, to translate, a vacation, is WiFi on the must have list? WiFi when you are on holiday is important for keeping in touch with friends but it's finding a balance. Some places will have very limited WiFi in hotels or very slow to what you're used to at home.

It's ideal but it's not a deal-breaker. Regardless, all the hotels I've lived in on holidays have always had WiFi so this is not a problem I have ever had to deal with and I hope I won't ever have to either.

Unless I am the person who is looking for a place where I am going to travel to that wouldn't have a Wi-Fi connection, there is no way I'm going to book for any kind of holidays in a place where I wouldn't have Wi-Fi connection.

It depends on where I am going. If I am visiting a city or a town, wifi is one of the prerequisite, however, if I am going to hinterland for trekking or campaigning, wifi is not a requirement. However, if there is internet connection in the area, I would be more than happy. That's because I have a constant need to check my emails.

Having Internet access when you are on vacation is great. You will be able to share your vacation photos and videos. But if WiFi is not available, it is not a great problem for me because I am on vacation to enjoy physically and do not want to spoil time trying to get into the virtual world.

For me, having an internet connection is a must at any point in my life. That's why a WIFI would be a huge deal breaker for me when I am traveling to anywhere. Even if I am using a travel agent, I would instruct that WiFi must be considered when booking a hotel for me. I also would make alternative arrangements for my internet in case the WiFi is slow.

I don't have a WiFi, and I most buy data subs rather than using a wifi. I have been to places where there is poor network connection before though and it was pretty frustrating.

Indeed, WiFi availability is one of the most important factors when it comes to which places to go. It sucks to be at a place where you wouldn't be able to access the internet. But I usually ensure that I have mobile data on my phone just in case.

For me Wi-Fi does not play an important role because I always have enough funds on the balance of the SIM card to connect roaming even if I am in another country and I know that the Internet speed in hotels is not so high because many users use the network at the same time

I have not been to any foreign country but here in my country, having internet connectivity is one of the main attractions for hotel booking.

Featured Articles

Back