Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Who is going to challenge Pep Guardiola now?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor

Reaction score
The thing with English football is that rivalries make the game more exciting. There was a time it was between Jose Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson. There was a time when it was Jose Mourinho against Arsene Wenger, and recently, we saw Jurgen Klopp matching Pep Guardiola in terms of tactics and pushing to win the English Premier League.

With the announcement made by Klopp that he is leaving Liverpool this season, which manager can be able to come up against Pep Guardiola in terms of being serious rivals?

Everyone thought that Eric Ten Hag who is the manager of Manchester United was going to be the real competition for Pep Guardiola of Manchester City. He performed very well in his first season but not doing well in his second. Klopp leaving Liverpool was a shock for everyone. Pep might leave Manchester City soon.

Everyone thought that Eric Ten Hag who is the manager of Manchester United was going to be the real competition for Pep Guardiola of Manchester City. He performed very well in his first season but not doing well in his second. Klopp leaving Liverpool was a shock for everyone. Pep might leave Manchester City soon.

Pep Guardiola will not leave unless the club is slammed with a big fine for the 115 charges that is currently on their head from the football association. If they doesn't happen, I don't think that Pep will leave because he is enjoying his time as the manager of Manchester City. As for Eric Ten Hag, he needs a football structure around Manchester United in order to perform.

Pep Guardiola will not leave unless the club is slammed with a big fine for the 115 charges that is currently on their head from the football association. If they doesn't happen, I don't think that Pep will leave because he is enjoying his time as the manager of Manchester City. As for Eric Ten Hag, he needs a football structure around Manchester United in order to perform.
I hope Manchester City are slammed with the big fine for the 115 charges which would be capable of taking the club down to relegation. This is totally destroy the club. All their players will leave for another club. It will take years before they will come back to where they used to be.

I hope Manchester City are slammed with the big fine for the 115 charges which would be capable of taking the club down to relegation. This is totally destroy the club. All their players will leave for another club. It will take years before they will come back to where they used to be.

I have seen that kind of fine being slammed in Italy against Juventus Fc and I can't really say, if the English FA are going to have the guts to do it in England. If they end up doing it, that is going to change the landscape of what happens in the league.

I have seen that kind of fine being slammed in Italy against Juventus Fc and I can't really say, if the English FA are going to have the guts to do it in England. If they end up doing it, that is going to change the landscape of what happens in the league.
For other clubs in other leagues, their FA works in am objective way. Just like you have mentioned, it was done to Juventus when they were sanctioned. I think it was also done to Barcelona some years ago. It was only Chelsea the English FA banned from transfer window some years ago.

Manchester United is getting their good playing form back. If they keep progressing in this positive direction, the team will start rivaling Manchester City and Pep Guardiola.

Pep Guardiola wasn't having any challenge in England since he signed for Manchester City. All the other clubs were playing second fiddle. Klopp did his best but he wasn't any threat to Pep.

Manchester United is getting their good playing form back. If they keep progressing in this positive direction, the team will start rivaling Manchester City and Pep Guardiola.
Manchester United fall in form was very surprising this season. They played so well last season which every of their fans looked ready for the team to compete for the English Premier League title this season but they are falling so short at it. Pep and Manchester City are on another level.

We still don't know who will replace Klopp. For example, a lot of people say that Xabi Alonso from Bayer Leverkusen can lead Liverpool and given his results this season, he can also become a competitor for Man City

Yes, it's true that a lot of people are of the opinion that Xabi Alonso who is the manager of Bayer Leverkusen can lead Liverpool next title charge if they can hire him but I would add it's not only a new good manager they need. They need good players too. Manchester City have the best squad in England.

Yes, it's true that a lot of people are of the opinion that Xabi Alonso who is the manager of Bayer Leverkusen can lead Liverpool next title charge if they can hire him but I would add it's not only a new good manager they need. They need good players too. Manchester City have the best squad in England.
But they should get a very good and influential coach because these players won almost everything and in my opinion they have a very high opinion of themselves, so they need to get a coach who will command their respect and will correspond to their level

That's not a good thing to wish on a football club. They haven't done anything for you to wish them that. They are just dominating which other teams also had their time of dominance.

As for Guardiola, it is basically him against himself in England now. Maybe, Arteta could give him that competition and succeed in the shoes and that Eric Ten Hag failed.

As at this night, man City is thrashing Brighton, which brings them closer to the league title. Liverpool lost to Everton yesterday, so I don't think they contenders anymore. As for arsenal, no one knows how they are going to behave in the remaining games.
We might just witness City lifting the trophy again.

In my opinion, the second after Klopp will be Arteta because Arsenal has been showing a very strong game for the second year. I think Liverpool may lose some power after Klopp's departure and then Arsenal will be able to compete for the championship with Man City

I have never really been a fan of football, I don't hate it though but I don't really follow up with the latest news and updates.

I have never really been a fan of football, I don't hate it though but I don't really follow up with the latest news and updates.
As a guy I think it would great for you to develop an interest in football. It is fun and exciting, and it fosters great connection between you and your guys.

Back