Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

When did you learn about internet for the first time?

Yes, seems to be true. But has humanity become TOO dependent on it? What if a huge solar flare erupts and knocks out all of our tech? What would happen? Have humans become too complacent?
Well, we recently had a day of Microsoft glitch. And we have seen how it caught all the attention and made headlines. So, many things were impacted globally. And some countries did call their emergency meet. The after impact was also huge.
So, definitely we are too dependent on Internet and technology these days. It comes with it's share of pros and cons.

I learned about the Internet things when I was in high school. There are computer laboratories in the school and all are Internet-connected. My sister also applied for a 24/7 internet plan. Our first Internet provider was Globe. It was followed by Smart and finally, PARASAT.

For me it was back then in the year 2003 when l was in the high school. On one of my favourite subjects called History and government. We learned a topic called Communication about the recent technology and inventions for that matter.

I learned that there was a world wide web at about 8 years old. In those days, yahoo was about the most popular internet company that the world ever knew. I never accessed it but I just knew about it.

Well, we recently had a day of Microsoft glitch. And we have seen how it caught all the attention and made headlines. So, many things were impacted globally. And some countries did call their emergency meet. The after impact was also huge.
So, definitely we are too dependent on Internet and technology these days. It comes with it's share of pros and cons.
Yes, case in point!! Crazyness!

I learned about the Internet things when I was in high school. There are computer laboratories in the school and all are Internet-connected. My sister also applied for a 24/7 internet plan. Our first Internet provider was Globe. It was followed by Smart and finally, PARASAT.
When I was in high school, the new big thing was CD-ROMs. hhehehe

learned that there was a world wide web at about 8 years old
Matt Damon Grandpa GIF

Yes I agreed with all yours but I learned about the internet I was 13 year were I was serve as a cafe cleaner were my uncle running his business for a long time

@zoldos . Yes, I remember..CD- ROM was in thing then. We remember copying things on a CD and then taking it to other places. Now, it seems like a faded memory. Technological advancements are happening so fast that things become outdated in no time.

Back