Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What's the most difficult workout drill for you?

Kennedy

Active Contributor

Reaction score
This is a question for those who are into working out either at home or in the gym. So, which workout drills have been the most difficult and painful you have put yourself through?

I would go with plank and crunches but planking is the most painful. You can never get used to the pain but you can with crunches.

Which one is the most difficult and painful workout drills you've practiced?

Sprints are always the worst. They are repetitive and can't really be done in a gym or with equipment if the weather is bad.

The first thing you will face is some difficulties with the exercises, especially in the first three months. It needs some kind of patience and endurance and stop many bad habits and be familiar with new eating habits and stop also some bad practices like sedentarity hole the day.

I really suck at weight lifting. I would do anything possible to avoid weight lifting when I was going to the gym. In fact, it's one of reason why I stopped going to the gym.

I hate all of them 😂. I wish there is a way to sit down and plug yourself to a machine for it to do whatever you wanted but that's not possible. I really hate working out.

I hate all of them 😂. I wish there is a way to sit down and plug yourself to a machine for it to do whatever you wanted but that's not possible. I really hate working out.
You're a very funny person. I know some people who are not interested in working out because they say it's too stressful and painful at the same time. You're not alone in feeling this way about working out either at home or at the gym.

Sit ups is probably the most painful work out drill I have taken on. There are some days after doing my sit up reps, I can't stand upright.

I am someone who has enjoyed training and getting involved with some drills. However, it was very difficult to do the jumping jacks when it was added to my training routine. I found out that I always experience pains on my thighs after doing those drills, then.

I am someone who has enjoyed training and getting involved with some drills. However, it was very difficult to do the jumping jacks when it was added to my training routine. I found out that I always experience pains on my thighs after doing those drills, then.
From my experience with practicing jumping jacks some years ago, I would not say it is work out which was very difficult to do. Maybe the way which you were jumping was too high to have much painful impact on your thighs. If you are jumping too high, try not to do it that way anymore.

From my experience with practicing jumping jacks some years ago, I would not say it is work out which was very difficult to do. Maybe the way which you were jumping was too high to have much painful impact on your thighs. If you are jumping too high, try not to do it that way anymore.
I have faced a lot of accidents while jumping. It could lead to injuries or breaks in the bone because of not jumping in adequate time while playing with the cord, it needs a lot of entertainment before doing it with the cord.

I have faced a lot of accidents while jumping. It could lead to injuries or breaks in the bone because of not jumping in adequate time while playing with the cord, it needs a lot of entertainment before doing it with the cord.
Jumping jacks working out drill is different from jumping with a rope. Do you mean like skipping with rope and jumping at the same time? I haven't tried anything like that. I can't think of any kind of jumping I'm going to do which will cause me to break a bone if I fall. I play football but I don't jump too high to nod the ball in the air.

Do you mean like skipping with rope and jumping at the same time?
Yes exactly. Skipping with rope is something that could lead to dangerous accidents. Jumping with a drill is less risky. It could be that when you place your fits at the same time rope could cause lose your equilibre which leads to what I have mentioned.

Probably, that was the issue with my jumping jacks. I have been thinking that it was my fault for the fact that I used to have this injury that affected me when I used to play football. But with what you said about jumping too high, I will definitely have to make adjustments on it.

Probably, that was the issue with my jumping jacks. I have been thinking that it was my fault for the fact that I used to have this injury that affected me when I used to play football. But with what you said about jumping too high, I will definitely have to make adjustments on it.
If you can't adjust to how high you are jumping, it would be better to remove doing jumping jacks in your work out routine. There are so many other work out drills which you can use and replace jumping jacks. This is very important because it helps to prevent getting injured.

If you can't adjust to how high you are jumping, it would be better to remove doing jumping jacks in your work out routine. There are so many other work out drills which you can use and replace jumping jacks. This is very important because it helps to prevent getting injured.

What is a replacement for the jumping jacks training? Jumping jacks have been my favorite for a while now and I honestly wish that I can continue, but there are times that my body finds it difficult to do up to 20 jumping jacks and it can be frustrating.

What is a replacement for the jumping jacks training? Jumping jacks have been my favorite for a while now and I honestly wish that I can continue, but there are times that my body finds it difficult to do up to 20 jumping jacks and it can be frustrating.
I know you're aware that jumping jacks work for your knees and shoulders right? There are other jumping jack alternatives which are easy on your knees and shoulders and can be added to any of your workout. They are ; Single Leg Balance Hip Abduction, Half Jack and X-Step Out.

Sprints are always the worst. They are repetitive and can't really be done in a gym or with equipment if the weather is bad.

I would never sprint again. I had a torn ligament when I tried it the last. The pains was excruciating. I wanted to be a runner but not anymore.

Yes exactly. Skipping with rope is something that could lead to dangerous accidents. Jumping with a drill is less risky. It could be that when you place your fits at the same time rope could cause lose your equilibre which leads to what I have mentioned.
Even kids know how to skip with ropes very well without tripping themselves over to fall and hurt themselves. As for adults, they are supposed to be very good at it. I have skipped with ropes so many times and I never hurt myself while using. I'm trying to learn how to do the advanced skipping which they do very fast in twisted patterns.

I don't work out because all kinds of work out drills are very difficult for me. LOL
Well, for me benchpress was really difficult.
As far as I am concerned, I am more comfortable with light impact exercise. By the way I have tried High Intensity Interval Training and it also seems to be very difficult to do on a consistent basis.

I would never sprint again. I had a torn ligament when I tried it the last. The pains was excruciating. I wanted to be a runner but not anymore.
It was when I was in high school that I can remember taking part in a sprinting race. There was a racing game which was held by our school, I had to be the one who was the representative for my class. After series of training, I emerged as the one who ran the fastest. It was why I was chosen to represent us.

It was when I was in high school that I can remember taking part in a sprinting race. There was a racing game which was held by our school, I had to be the one who was the representative for my class. After series of training, I emerged as the one who ran the fastest. It was why I was chosen to represent us.
I always see the spriting race as very challenging especially if many schools are participating then going from local to international spriting race. It could be easy in the beginning but after that you find that you have to realize a lot of things in the shortest time frame and many abandon the mission.

Back