Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What's the longest you've been ill?

I have been very luck with never being infected with corona virus since the pandemic of coronavirus started in the year 2019. I know those whom have been infected more than twice. I keep asking myself why they keep exposing themselves to this illness? I hope to never catch it in my life.

Maybe it's two weeks, I'm not sure because I don't fall sick very often. My blood group is AA, it's may be the reason why I don't used to fall sick regularly.

Maybe it's two weeks, I'm not sure because I don't fall sick very often. My blood group is AA, it's may be the reason why I don't used to fall sick regularly.

I really hate being sick. If there's anything that I can do which will make me not fall sick in my life again, I would not waste any time to do it but I know that's not going to be possible. I try to live a good life, keep fit and eat healthy to prevent having constant illness.

I was bed ridden for 11 days when I tested positive for corona virus. That was the longest time I have ever been. The closet one to this was 7 days. I was 7 days on bed rest when I was caught by Dengue virus. I have never been hospitalized in my life, Apart form Corona and Dengue, I don't remember getting sick.
11 days is quite a short time for the Corona virus. I myself was not sick with this virus, but my father was sick with it, and it took more than a month for him to fully recover his strength and energy, because this disease severely destroyed the immune system

The immune system of people are always very different because there are those people who have a very strong immune system which makes it very easy for them to recover quickly more than the other people whom their immune system is not that very strong. I know that is the reason why someone might be able to recover from coronavirus within the space of 11 days.

I was sick a lot in my childhood and I can't even remember how long I was sick during the whole period, but I can definitely remember that I was sick for 18 days in a row, but I don't remember how bad I was, but I didn't go to school

I've always been extraordinarily healthy but I do remember being laid out for a few days with the flu.

I'm already ill. I have sarcoidosis, gastritis, hypothyroidism and leukopenia.

I'm not sure if it could be tuberculosis because my brother has the same blood type, but he gets sick very often, even more than you can imagine. I think it's because you just care about the organism or what?

For me, such a period was during the coronavirus pandemic, and then I was sick for more than a month, because I had a severe form of the coronavirus, and then I recovered for a long time

The longest stretch I have been ill is for 5 days and that happened last year. It was a very gloomy week for me that someone as active as me can become totally inactive for 5 days. I saw things that I wished to do but couldn't do them. I appreciated the health I have after that experience.

The longest stretch I have been ill is for 5 days and that happened last year. It was a very gloomy week for me that someone as active as me can become totally inactive for 5 days. I saw things that I wished to do but couldn't do them. I appreciated the health I have after that experience.
It's the same for me when after an illness I start to take my health very seriously because I wouldn't want to feel the same again as during the illness

The last time I got ill was some severe flu. I was down for around 2 weeks. I managed with home care and personal doctor's visits. If I were to be admitted to a hospital, the bill would have been 10 times what I spent for it.

It's the same for me when after an illness I start to take my health very seriously because I wouldn't want to feel the same again as during the illness
The painful part for me when I am ill for an extended period is that I would just be rueing tye money I would have made but I am losing simply because I am down and can't do anything.

Not so sure though, I don't normally keep counts on things like this, though am not the types that usually falls sick.

I can't recall the last time I had a serious illness, but I think it lasted for about a week. The major illness I usually have now is cold and catarrh, and once I take some drugs it wears off In a few days.

I can't recall the last time I had a serious illness, but I think it lasted for about a week. The major illness I usually have now is cold and catarrh, and once I take some drugs it wears off In a few days.
Even the cold and catarrh can be very inconveniencing for me. I practically can't do anything when it happens to me because it comes with headache. That's why I always try to completely avoid anything that would trigger it which for me, is cold and dust

The worst bout of illness I've ever experienced was when I contracted a severe case of mononucleosis during my junior year of college. What started as exhaustion and a sore throat rapidly descended into weeks of extreme fatigue, fever, and a persistent aching throughout my entire body. I was bedridden for over a month, too weak to even make it to class.

I don't know exactly but probably 2 weeks. I don't think I've been seriously ill longer than that.
Wow, two weeks is pretty long though, how did you cope within does two weeks. Where in bed all day or where you still able to move.

I had such a period when my immunity was very weak. I could get sick for 2 days and then recover, but in a few days I was sick again. This has been going on for more than a month

Back