Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

What's the best way to warm up before exercise

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
A proper warm-up should include light aerobic activity to increase heart rate and blood flow, dynamic stretching to improve flexibility and mobility, and sport-specific movements to prepare the muscles for the activity ahead. Aim for 5-10 minutes of warm-up before starting your workout. By the way, do you always warm up before exercise?

That's how I try to always warm up before training, because I often got injured because I didn't do it, so now I don't miss it. I try to do exercises with a large amplitude to stretch each nerve well

Jogging and stretching is one of the best ways that I usually get myself involved in warming up before I get into the actual drills I have to do when I am working out in the gym or even working at that home. It is best for me to do both of them so that my body will be in a perfect condition to take on whatever I am going to do at the gym that very day.

Jogging could be a good way to warm up and tune your body in before you start exercising. That has always worked for me when I want to play football. For exercises that has to do with weights, it is best for me to do up to 30 push ups as warm up.

I usually do those workouts that don't require any equipment. They could be push ups, squats, planks and so on. Running around for some minutes also get me prepared for the gym session.

When it comes to warmups, I think stretching the muscles is needed. When we start our workout, we tend to overwork the muscles, so stretching them before starting reduces the strain we place on them.

I warm up by doing 50 situps and stretching exercises before I hit my machines or free weights.

Although I don't do a lot of squats with dumbbells, so I have a much lower chance of injuring my arms or legs, but I always warm up because in this case any exercise is much easier for me. Most often it is running because it uses all the muscles, as well as jumping rope

Absolutely, I make it a point to warm up properly before every workout session. Skipping a warm-up puts you at much higher risk for injury by asking your muscles to perform with zero preparation. My warm-up routine typically involves 5-10 minutes of light cardio like walking or rowing,

Featured Articles

Back