Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What Is your definition of love?

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
We all define love in many ways. Many say love is beautiful but others say love is pain. For me, love is a deep and profound connection between two people, filled with care, respect, and affection. It is a beautiful feeling that brings you joy and fulfillment in life. Love is also about genuinely wanting the best for someone and being willing to grow and evolve together. How do you define love from your perspective?

I feel love is selfless. When you are in love with someone, the first thing that should always come to your mind is to ensure that they are happy.

I feel love is selfless. When you are in love with someone, the first thing that should always come to your mind is to ensure that they are happy.
That is also a beautiful definition of love based on your own perspective but it seems that is always what people say, love is selfish.

For me, love is an affectionate feeling that one has for another and is expressed by the inate desire to see the person you love grow and be happy. Love could be beautiful if sincere. But I have gone way pass that love triangle.

For me, love is an affectionate feeling that one has for another and is expressed by the inate desire to see the person you love grow and be happy. Love could be beautiful if sincere. But I have gone way pass that love triangle.
Exactly, it's funny how these days people tend to be selfish when it comes to love. They want the best partners but are not willing to be the best themselves.

Love has varied definitions according to individual experiences. Some define love as a killer and deceitful. Their experiences were so bad that they never saw the true beauty of love.

Love is beautiful, love is selfless and love is kind. Loving someone can make you do things you never imagined you could do. If you don't love someone, there's no way you can show kindness to the person.

Love is beautiful, love is selfless and love is kind. Loving someone can make you do things you never imagined you could do. If you don't love someone, there's no way you can show kindness to the person.
Love is also patient. There are times where you might fall for someone who has a very raw character, but cause love them, you try your best to be patient with them.

Love does not have any definition and its tough or even impossible to explain love as its a feeling and inner thing

Love does not have any definition and its tough or even impossible to explain love as its a feeling and inner thing
There is a definition of love, of course as you see it in the post. It is not tough, it is a normal feeling only the person knows how to adjust.

There is a definition of love, of course as you see it in the post. It is not tough, it is a normal feeling only the person knows how to adjust.
Good point, which is also why I feel love is what you make it to be. It's complicated for some because they make it complicated themselves.

Good point, which is also why I feel love is what you make it to be. It's complicated for some because they make it complicated themselves.
We can feel the love , it is an emotion and it is all up to up us whether make the love triumphs accordingly or not. Love is beautiful despite the pain we might experience.

We can feel the love , it is an emotion and it is all up to up us whether make the love triumphs accordingly or not. Love is beautiful despite the pain we might experience.
To be honest it can also be pretty stressful, which is why we have people who do not want to go into any relationship right now.

To be honest it can also be pretty stressful, which is why we have people who do not want to go into any relationship right now.
That is right, it stresses us mentally and emotionally especially if we want a perfect relationship. It is better to wait for the right time, and right love.

That is right, it stresses us mentally and emotionally especially if we want a perfect relationship. It is better to wait for the right time, and right love.
Yes but is there really anything like the perfect relationship ? Personally I think there is none. It is mostly depends on how both parties manage themselves.

Yes but is there really anything like the perfect relationship ? Personally I think there is none. It is mostly depends on how both parties manage themselves.
Those whose marriage lasted until their golden anniversary is an example of a perfect love. There is a perfect love apart from the love from God.

Those whose marriage lasted until their golden anniversary is an example of a perfect love. There is a perfect love apart from the love from God.
Yes but what am saying is people seems to think their partner has to be perfect in every aspect but the truth of the matter is everyone have their flaws, there is no relationship that is completely perfect. It's how both partners know their weaknesses and have been able to deal with it respectfully that makes the difference.

Yes but what am saying is people seems to think their partner has to be perfect in every aspect but the truth of the matter is everyone have their flaws, there is no relationship that is completely perfect. It's how both partners know their weaknesses and have been able to deal with it respectfully that makes the difference.
There is no perfection but thorough self-control and mutual understanding are where the two people in love find their relationship perfect.

There is no perfection but thorough self-control and mutual understanding are where the two people in love find their relationship perfect.
Exactly, it's what so many people fail to understand these days.

Exactly, it's what so many people fail to understand these days.
It is not good to rush into a relationship without knowing first the true character of the person. It is best to have a mutual respect and understanding to make a relationship run smooth,

Back