Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What is the best way to improve flexibility?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
How flexible is your body? What do you do to improve flexibility? Well, in my experience, incorporating regular stretching into the daily routine, focusing on major muscle groups like the hamstrings, quadriceps, calves, and shoulders can improve flexibility substantially. Yoga and Pilates are also excellent for improving flexibility, balance, and overall body awareness. There is no need to strength training, light impact exercises are fine.

Stability is important. After all, I remember when at school we did physical exercises every day and then I was very flexible, but only after I finished school and started doing it again, my body became like 30 years old and I can't do much of what I could do then, although not much has passed years

To the best of my knowledge, I believe it is through stretching that you are going to achieve flexibility in parts of your body where it is possible for it to flexible. It is when you are constantly practicing stretching exercise that it's going to make your body become used to being flexible and not easily injured when you are working out.

I do yoga and it has really helped me to be flexible. There are some yoga postures that really stretch the muscles and makes the joint more relaxed. And added to the breath control of yoga, it simply creates flexibility with endurance.

It's true that it can help because I attended a yoga class and there were a lot of exercises that are so difficult to perform without flexibility, but over time I developed and began to perform it no worse than other participants

Stretching is definitely the best option or should I say the best way here to become more flexible. Though we have to be careful when doing this, especially for does at a more advanced age. The wrong move could break something.

The best way to improve flexibility is through consistent stretching and mobility exercises. Static stretches, where you hold a position for an extended period, can help lengthen muscles and increase range of motion. Dynamic stretches, which involve controlled movements through the full range of motion, are also beneficial for improving flexibility.

Back