Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What do you use as background noise?

sunshine & whiskey

"Always bring your own sunshine."

Reaction score
Whether you're cleaning, browsing forums, writing, or what have you, do you use anything as background noise? Such as a movie or show that you've seen so many times or even, some of your favorite songs on a playlist. For me, I like to have Teen Wolf, the series, playing in the background especially if I'm not paying attention. I've seen it so many times, so I can miss things on there.

I'm curious to know what ever else uses or if it's just me.

I always have pandora or Sirius on in the background. I normally work from home, and even during meetings I have something playing.

I usually like to listen to songs while browsing forums, working out, playing games, or doing some cleaning at home. It helps me do the work more efficiently and enjoy it even when it is something boring or unenjoyable. Depending on the work I'm doing, I select the genre of music. Like while working out it would be something motivational like hip-hop, rock; while browsing forums it would be some chill music playlist, etc.

Whether you're cleaning, browsing forums, writing, or what have you, do you use anything as background noise? Such as a movie or show that you've seen so many times or even, some of your favorite songs on a playlist. For me, I like to have Teen Wolf, the series, playing in the background especially if I'm not paying attention. I've seen it so many times, so I can miss things on there.

I'm curious to know what ever else uses or if it's just me.

I am a 2Pac fan and playing most of his songs on the background when I am working out, working on my laptop or just reading makes it a complete experience. I mean most of his songs are hit songs and speak a lot of truth. So, I use it as an inspiration to do the things that I do.

I just run a playlist on Spotify Premium while browsing the internet or while doing home-based activities like cooking or cleaning the house which could reduce the fact of stress except if you are learning something new on youtube then music could disturb your attention.

Until recently, I used to listen to my favorite musicians while working on my computer or working out or even doing chores, however, these days I do not use any kind of background noise. I like to work silently. I find the noise is a great distraction , especially if it is something you like very much.

It is also very difficult for me to clean the house when I am in complete silence, so I turn on some historical programs and TVs in the background, but not very interesting ones so that I am not distracted, but they create noise so that I am not so bored and can at least listen to something

Absolutely, I almost always have some form of background noise going on, whether I'm cleaning, working, or just relaxing. My go-to sources of ambient sound are typically podcasts, audiobooks, or mellow music playlists. I find having that subtle audio stimulation really helps me focus and stay productive, especially during tedious tasks.

For me, most times I usually work without noise but when I need to play something on the background, I tend to download English movies. I don't have a specific one I play on the background.

I don't like to use movies as background noise because most movies are interesting and I don't want to miss important dialogues and get distracted. Sometimes I turn on music and sometimes just entertainment shows

Back