Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

What can instantly ruin a friendship?

Many people now doesn't understand what it means to be friends with another person. All many of them want from their friendship with their friends is a parasitic relationship. It's a relationship where they will be the only one who is benefiting from the friendship.

If you don't have any respect for me, I can't be in a relationship with you. I'm big on respect. I believe that everyone deserves to be respected not minding their age.

If you don't have any respect for me, I can't be in a relationship with you. I'm big on respect. I believe that everyone deserves to be respected not minding their age.

It is said that respect is reciprocal which is why whenever you are in a relationship with someone, both of you have to respect each other so that there will be mutual understanding that will ensure the longevity of that relationship. This is because when someone doesn't respect you, you will find it very difficult to have any kind of relationship with him.

But respect alone does not always stop a person from doing something bad behind a friend's back. They can love you and be frank with you, but they can do completely different things behind your back. It is very difficult to check whether this respect is sincere

Ego. There is no better friendship killer in this world.

People lose great friends for silly things. It seems stupid when you are out of it, but by that time it will be too late.

For me it is dishonesty in terms of how you treat me. If I noticed you do not trying care about my well-being and feelings, I we cut you off. I can't deal with dishonest people.

Betrayal of trust is what can ruin a good friendship for me. For me and someone to be close friends mean that I trust him to some extent. But if he does something that can lead to lack of trust, it is over. That friendship might not be recovered.

I have had to end a friendship in the past, though it was not a decision I made lightly. The primary reason was an irreconcilable clash in values and life priorities. Over time, it became clear that we had grown apart and were no longer able to support each other's wellbeing and goals.

For me, one of my friendships was ruined by the fact that I believed in god

She didn't, so it was over
Oh wow, did she end the friendship or where you the one that ended it?

@emily That's a very strange reason for ending a friendship.

For me, lying and betrayal are the factors because of which I will end the friendship. I don't like people who will gossip against me and pretend to be nice in front of me.

Backstabbing and or being two faced. Problem is that most people are back stabbers and are two faced. This fact is why I don't have many friends, it's due to the fact that I don't want any false friends....nope. (n)

That's true!!

It is the reason I also don't make friends. I don't want such people in my life which gives me stress.

If you are the type that always come to me only when you need help or when you have issues to sort out it's a big no for me. I do not like does kind of friendship. They are usually toxic.

It is hard to find real people. Most of them try to mingle only to get things done. I won't blame any, that is how the society is. People use others for their needs.

Not everyone is . There are people who are real and understand the true meaning of friendship. I have few real friends. @Sevik

It is hard to find real people. Most of them try to mingle only to get things done. I won't blame any, that is how the society is. People use others for their needs.
True. Due to these even when you come across does who are legit you would find it hard to trust them due to past experiences.

Backstabbing and or being two faced. Problem is that most people are back stabbers and are two faced. This fact is why I don't have many friends, it's due to the fact that I don't want any false friends....nope. (n)

There are still great friends everywhere. It is not easy finding one, but trust me when I say that it is possible to find that one friend.

There are still great friends everywhere. It is not easy finding one, but trust me when I say that it is possible to find that one friend.
Fair enough but be careful what you tell your friends because they may not be your friends in the future. And then everything you have told them might come back and bite you.

Indeed there are still very good and reliable friends out there. Though the might not be much, but they are still there. That's why I don't have too many friends, the few I have are good ones.

Fair enough but be careful what you tell your friends because they may not be your friends in the future. And then everything you have told them might come back and bite you.
That's true, I have had awesome people who where good friends but now we hardly talk. So we still need to be careful even when we are around these good friends.

Back