Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Wasim Akram Denied Any Official Role in PCB

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
PCB offered Wasim Akram to work as CEO for PCB but he denied the offer siting his ongoing commitments and said he's ready to work for the betterment of Pakistani cricket but not interested in any Official Role and does not want any financial composition for that.

I wonder why did he deny it, maybe he has no time , he may be earning well with his commentators role.

He doesn't want to tarnish his image and he's still so respected in World cricket and you'll never see him making senseless statements like other Pak cricketers always make.

Yes, he is very respected player of the world. Even we, Indians don't talk about him with disrespect. He was a great baller of his time. Many of the greatest batsmen scared of facing his balls. Even Sachin when asked about the dangerous baller of his time, he said Wasim Akram, in one of his interview.

He's still great and he's still so good if he starts to bowl and was always quite smart and don't like to make any unnecessary comments

Akram played well and he should not take any such responsibility as PCB is not trusted and may kick him too after the Champions trophy

What I think he is the appropriate person to be deputed as a coach of Pakistan team because he is respected by the players and I think the team will be disciplined once he becomes a coach. But Akram knows it's not easy to mend Pakistani players.

Nobody can coach that team, I feel harry kirsten made a bad decision by agreeing to coach that team

Do you remember Bob Woolmer who was Pakistan's coach and was found dead in his hotel room during a tour, in suspicious condition. It was a shock when the news of the same came on the tv. Gary Kirsten must be careful.

Yeah and its still not clear how he died as he was well and not sick and there were reports that Yonus khan and many were asked questions about it but no one was caught

Even there were marks on the face of Mushtaq Ahmed. But nothing came in the investigation or investigation was not done thoroughly.

They are a criminal side and you cannot expect normalcy in their dressing room, they are always fighting and even now they are not in good shape

I have heard lots of things about Shoib Akhtar how he used to get violent on small things and how he and Afridi used to humiliate Danish Kaneria for being only a Hindu player in the team. Even Yusuf Yohana change his religion for this reason.

Akhtar, Afridi and even Waqar were all like that and actually all of them are like that, they are quite violent and have their ego

Yes, Waqar Yonis still comments on Indian player. He still has this habit of saying anything without thinking and refering to the data

And he is officially hired by PCB now and he will look after the Pakistan cricket and will report to the head Naqvi

Wasim Akram would be ideal for India's bowling coach but I doubt if he's interested or has he been ever offered the bowling coach role.

Being a Pakistani he will face issues but it depends if Gautam likes to hire him or not as he's keen to hire Morne Morkel

Was Morne Morkel a good player? I would like to have Wasim Akram a bowling coach for India. He has good knowledge of cricket than any other pacers of the world. His out swingers were superb and were difficult to play.

I wonder why did he deny it, maybe he has no time , he may be earning well with his commentators role.
It's possible, or it could also mean he does not have any interest in that position.

Back