Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Thoughts on piercings

svjiminfxv

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I love piercings. I have 10 piercings (3 on each ear, nose stud, septum, lip, and navel). I'm not planning on getting any more piercings.
I think piercings are a good way for someone to express themself but I don't agree with the piercings all over the face. I just don't understand why someone would want so much on the face. I only have 3 on my face and that is enough for me.

What are your thoughts on piercings?

I'm comfortable with only have the ears pierced. I don't understand the need to pierce every other part of the body. It doesn't look okay to me.

I got one of my ears pierced when I was 13, I wore an stud for about a year, then never wore one again. I do see a small hole in my ear but I assume it has been long closed up :)

I don't have any piercing in any part of my body. Men don't do any kind of piercing in my tribe. It's what only woman do. I've seen a lot of male musicians who pierced their body extremely. How can they do something like that?

It's only navel piercing that I love. I was able to conceive my girlfriend to get one because I love it so much. If I could get one as a man, I wouldn't mind.

Piercings are a popular form of self-expression, allowing individuals to showcase their unique style and personality. They can hold cultural or symbolic meaning, and while societal acceptance varies, many view piercings as a creative and fashionable way to enhance one's appearance.

Piercings have never been what I like in anyway as a man, I would never pierce any part of my body but as for ladies, it is a custom for ladies in my town to pierce their ears for wearing earrings. Some of them go to the extent of piercing their nose for nose rings and their naval for navel rings.

It's only navel piercing that I love. I was able to conceive my girlfriend to get one because I love it so much. If I could get one as a man, I wouldn't mind.
Doesn't doing that to to navel have some complications? It's like ladies who pierce their clitoris, it looks dangerous. I can't have anything relationship with such a lady.

Well, I believe that we should not be more concerned with what anyone does. I am of the opinion that those who pierce their body have reasons for doing that, and we should have to respect their choice for doing so. However, I wouldn't be comfortable marrying anyone who has more than two piercing on their body.

Well, I believe that we should not be more concerned with what anyone does. I am of the opinion that those who pierce their body have reasons for doing that, and we should have to respect their choice for doing so. However, I wouldn't be comfortable marrying anyone who has more than two piercing on their body.
This is indeed true. Having more than two piercings means this person doesn't have a personality and this is someone who could follow anyone without thinking twice about a thing. This is why I could validate your assertion. In the end these are people's choices.

Too much of anything is bad. I have heard this statement being made several times since my childhood but I still keep seeing so many people overdoing things. I keep asking what is the appeal in having so many parts of one's body opened up or tattoos drawn all over it?

Wow, that's a lot, I hope it looks really good, because actually, I don't think piercings suit everyone. There are some people who can do 20 piercings and it will suit them, and some who can do only 1 and it can spoil their appearance, although this is just according to me and I do not say this as only true

This is indeed true. Having more than two piercings means this person doesn't have a personality and this is someone who could follow anyone without thinking twice about a thing. This is why I could validate your assertion. In the end these are people's choices.
I see doing something like getting too many piercings as what someone who is not responsible would be interested in doing because no one who is decent will be cool with piercing all over their body. God who created human beings didn't give us any piercings.

In our country piercing is culturally accepted thing, while girls pierce nose and earns, boys pierce ears when they are still kids. Kids as young as 1 year old are pierced by their parents. M parents pierced by ears when I was around 1 years old. In my teenage days I used o wear rings on my ears.

I have never seen any culture where it's not acceptable for woman and men to pierce their body parts. The thing which most people do that I'm not comfortable with will be the extent how they take this piercing. They just abuse it in a way which isn't cool in any way.

I have never seen any culture where it's not acceptable for woman and men to pierce their body parts. The thing which most people do that I'm not comfortable with will be the extent how they take this piercing. They just abuse it in a way which isn't cool in any way.
It is like the french quotation: Ca ne fait le bruit que les bidons vides.
Someone who like to attract people attention will do anything even abnormal and this is to have people surprised from him like piercings alongside all the body. If he is someone successful in his life he will not give attention to these bad tricks.

It is like the french quotation: Ca ne fait le bruit que les bidons vides.
Someone who like to attract people attention will do anything even abnormal and this is to have people surprised from him like piercings alongside all the body. If he is someone successful in his life he will not give attention to these bad tricks.

This is true. It's why if you come to the music industry, so many muscians now do so many things on their body to get people's attention. They draw so many tattoes and pierce their body. In the end, I would say they look disgusting because I don't find them to be good looking.

I don't have any piercing in any part of my body. Men don't do any kind of piercing in my tribe. It's what only woman do. I've seen a lot of male musicians who pierced their body extremely. How can they do something like that?
Well, in fact, society is progressing and now it is not as strange as it was 50 years ago. In my opinion, this is also ugly and makes no sense, but now no one judges how a person looks, so many do it

Well, in fact, society is progressing and now it is not as strange as it was 50 years ago. In my opinion, this is also ugly and makes no sense, but now no one judges how a person looks, so many do it
It depends. If someone is using something more than usual then we are going to the trouble of the personality. If something is in normal schedule then we could not talk about someone with weak personality and try to attract people attention.

Parents are supposed to be the one's to assume the responsibility of looking into how their kids dress because it is how a child grew up that he or she will be behaving as an adult. It is on a rare occasion that someone will be brought up responsibility and the person will behaving like an irresponsible person.

Back