Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Movies The flash series reminds me of power rangers

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
When the flash series came out on CW, it was one of my favorite shows back then. Everything was decent. Then came in season two, and it delivered wonderfully. Season three also came in, the flash had to deal with yet another speedster that was way faster than him, and the stakes where higher. The first three seasons where wonderful, but from season four downward, there was a decrease in the quality of story telling, and even effects. I was watching season nine, and I noticed how poor most of the acting where, how their costumes looked fake and too tight for them to move properly, especially the villains. If made me remember does customs from the power rangers show back in the days.

Regardless of whether flash was good from the start or not, I wouldn't rate it on the same scale as power rangers. I mean power rangers was the show that all of us loved when we were kids. I can't say the same with flash

Regardless of whether flash was good from the start or not, I wouldn't rate it on the same scale as power rangers. I mean power rangers was the show that all of us loved when we were kids. I can't say the same with flash
I ment the costumes from power rangers, not the show it self. the power rangers show was great for a lot of people but you have to admit the customs, especially the ones used by the villains where not so top notch. Especially now in modern time, one would expect more with how things are now advanced.

Last edited:
I ment the customs from power rangers, not the show it self. the power rangers show was great for a lot of people but you have to admit the customs, especially the ones used by the villains where not so top notch. Especially now in modern time, one would expect more with how things are now advanced.
Do you mean the costumes? Well I believe that it is what the show creators adapt so as to make it more visually pleasing. I think they are fairly okay to be honest.

The Flash is fun, but it can feel a bit Power Rangers sometimes. The colorful costumes, clear-cut villains, and weekly episode format definitely give off those vibes. Still love the Flash's speed though!

The Flash is fun, but it can feel a bit Power Rangers sometimes. The colorful costumes, clear-cut villains, and weekly episode format definitely give off those vibes. Still love the Flash's speed though!
True, Grant Gustin was awesome as the flash, his acting was superb but I guess it's all the fault of bad storytelling. The CGI after season three also became pretty bad as well. But like you said it was still an awesome show.

True, Grant Gustin was awesome as the flash, his acting was superb but I guess it's all the fault of bad storytelling. The CGI after season three also became pretty bad as well. But like you said it was still an awesome show.
Grant Gustin as the flash? I thought flash was played by Ezra Miller?

Grant Gustin as the flash? I thought flash was played by Ezra Miller?
No the movie flash was played by Ezra Miller, I was talking about the CW series which was played by Grant Gustin for nine years.

Back