Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Telegram CEO Arrested

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
Pavel Durov, the Russian-French billionaire founder and CEO of the Telegram messaging app, was arrested at Bourget airport outside Paris on Saturday evening. Telegram is found in violation of many offenses and major one is lack of moderators which is allowing criminal activities, privacies etc. He founded the Company in 2013 with his brother.

Over the years there have been lots of cases of people using telegram to scam people. The amount of scammers and scam channels there is just something else..

I read the news yesterday, and many of the channels I have joined on Telegram have asked me to join their WhatsApp group as Telegram may be banned in India. I hope things settle down soon.

Telegram is easier for all criminals so it's under risk of ban in India. I hope they don't ban and just add restrictions on it

I don't like to see telegram banned in India as its my favorite app and better than Whatsapp and other such apps.

Most telegram channels that were legal will shift to WhatsApp broadcast or other mediums so it won't be a big problem

Pavel Durov, the Russian-French billionaire founder and CEO of the Telegram messaging app, was arrested at Bourget airport outside Paris on Saturday evening. Telegram is found in violation of many offenses and major one is lack of moderators which is allowing criminal activities, privacies etc. He founded the Company in 2013 with his brother.
He refused to cooperate with the government, so they arrested him.

I don't know what the CEO of Telegram would have done differently to prevent scams happening on the instant messaging app. I hope that this is not just a media trial to tarnish the image of Telegram and bring it down.

I got to know from a post that there is no threat of ban on telegram so its all fine for me

It's good if it'll not affect the working of Telegram because I also follow a few channels and these are useful for me.

Maybe we should try and get Musk to go to Brazil too. These people need to know they are not above the law. Well, maybe in the US they are above the law, but the French are not known for their tolerance of idiots. Well done France!

Oh, I didn't even realize Telegram was illegal. That's crazy. I know a lot of website owners that use Telegram.

It's not illegal. The issue was with the content being unmoderated. Discussions around criminal activity go on with impunity. That's the illegal part which got this guy into trouble with french authorities.

I joined Telegram few years back, during the lockdown time if I am not wrong. But then I could never be active there. It's been few years since I have even checked it. This started making news few months back that the platform is under radar for violating many rules and being involved in many illegal practices. I read that he was not being cooperative and that lead to the arrest. Let's wait and watch how things fold in the future.

Back