Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Sri Lanka Are The New Women's Asia Cup champions

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
Yesterday it was a mixed day for India in cricket. Mens won against them and got 2-0 lead in 3 match series whereas Women lost to Sri Lanka women in the final even though they got their top scorer Skipper Chamari out in the 12th over.

I couldn't watch any of the matches of this tournament due to time constraint. But I followed it on news and social media. It was a great tournament for Indian team. But the final was not their day. They gave a good fight. And the match was entertaining. Congratulations! Team Sri Lanka.

There were a few hiccups from the Indian women's team which gave Sri Lanka a chance to win, they should not have missed those catching chances but it was a day for Sri Lanka so they are rightful winners

Reaching final is a big achievement in itself. Sometimes luck doesn't favour. Or as simple as it is unpredictable. Any game can go in any direction with the game changing moments. Indian team deserves a big round of applause with their wonderful journey in the tournament. And a big Congratulations to Sri Lanka. The two best teams of the tournament reached the final.

Some are saying that the over confidence of Indians women team was the reason for this failure

Some are saying that the over confidence of Indians women team was the reason for this failure
I always stay away from such judgements. They were going strong and it's natural for the team to feel good and be confident. But no team gives up on such big day. Sometimes it's not your day. Sports are unpredictable and we have to accept it. I didn't see the match. But many on social media platforms did praise both sides for a good show. It seems that they did fight well. A couple of missed catches can take the game away.

I always stay away from such judgements. They were going strong and it's natural for the team to feel good and be confident. But no team gives up on such big day. Sometimes it's not your day. Sports are unpredictable and we have to accept it. I didn't see the match. But many on social media platforms did praise both sides for a good show. It seems that they did fight well. A couple of missed catches can take the game away.
You are right but there were reasons why they underperformed when it mattered the most. No. 3 batter was not making any contribution, Kanwar was given more chances even when she was not picking any wickets

I couldn't watch any of the matches of this tournament due to time constraint. But I followed it on news and social media. It was a great tournament for Indian team. But the final was not their day. They gave a good fight. And the match was entertaining. Congratulations! Team Sri Lanka.
Keep up the good work 💪

Sri Lankan women's team have done really well in the past too so they'll be a team to watch in the world cup

It was heart breaking that India lost the final. India played well in the whole tournament and we were expecting that India will lift the cup but they lost it. Congratulations team Srilanka for being Asian champian.

The best team won on that day and it was not India. Sri Lanka is formidable when they play at home.

Back