Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Ronaldo vs Messi

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
If you’re a football fan, you know how big this debate is, and even if you’re not, you’ve probably heard of it before. Ronaldo vs Messi. Who, in your opinion, is better and why?

I’m a diehard Ronaldo fan. I’ve been watching him since his 07/08 days at Man Utd and he’s my favourite player of all time. A corrupted World Cup won’t change anything for me.

I have been asked this a lot and my answer has always been the same and that is Ronaldo. I have always found Messi to be a little too full of himself but at the same time, I feel Ronaldo can be as well.

I think both though when it comes to football are great players and they are great to watch when they play as well.

CR7 all the way for me he is the greatest player ever.

It's not even a question who would be by choice because it's always Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi glory days was only in Barcelona. He's nothing outside Barcelona.

Apart from FIFA helping Messi to win the World Cup and French whatever gifting him Ballon d'Or to make him relevant, Messi isn't doing anything in football today that's worth any recognition.

I'll go with Cristiano Ronaldo because he's nearly 39 years old but he's more active in goal scoring which is what he loves so much. He topped 2023 as the highest goal scorer with 53 or 54 goals.

I'll go with Cristiano Ronaldo because he's nearly 39 years old but he's more active in goal scoring which is what he loves so much. He topped 2023 as the highest goal scorer with 53 or 54 goals.

I totally agree with you. Ronaldo has been a great player that didn't allow the agenda of the media to get to him. He is always there to prove doubters wrong and work more than he speaks. This is pertinent to how a lot of things worked out for him, which is pretty good.

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Messi rivalry was very sweet when they were both playing in La Liga. Since they left Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo have been miles better than Messi.

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Messi rivalry was very sweet when they were both playing in La Liga. Since they left Spain, Cristiano Ronaldo have been miles better than Messi.

The rivalry then with Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola at both benches made it worth it. I felt that both players won't have done much should it have been at the time when they were playing in different leagues. Even now that they are playing outside Europe, the fans have continued to pick a side among the two great players.

Without any doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo is the best and still the best player in the world. He is almost 39 years old but still playing very actively in Saudi Arabia. What have Messi done since he left Barcelona? He went to PSG but was rejected by the club as he ran away to Inter Miami but scored only 1 goal. He is only a FIFA boy.

By winning FIFA World Cup for his country Argentina, I think the debate of who is greatest between Ronaldo and Messi has ended. There is no award that Messi has not won. Ronaldo is a good player but he will possible not win world cup for his county (, I really doubt he will be playing the next world cup because of his age.

I will always say it that Messi was handed the World Cup irrespective of what anyone else says or think because it was very clear with seeing how everything went down in the last FIFA World Cup in Qatar. Yes, it won't change anything about him winning the World Cup but we know the truth.

When I was little, I liked to argue with others about who is better and I was a fan of Ronaldo, but now I understand that for me they are both great and I don't think that one of them is better and someone is worse, so I just follow their game until now they are still playing

I am a United fan and I believe Ronaldo is a Manchester United legend. But truth be told, Messi has been better overall than CR7 through a career span. The awards like Balon D'Or are evident of that fact. But I believe these two rank very high as all time greats of football.

I will say that Messi is better only because I judge objectively by the number of trophies. I also believe that the last two Golden Balls were not deserved, but in terms of other achievements, he is the best for me

In my opinion, Messi edges out Ronaldo as the greatest of this era. While Ronaldo's athleticism and goal-scoring prowess are unmatched, Messi's mastery of the entire game is unparalleled. His dribbling, vision, passing, and ability to take over matches separates him. Ronaldo has been more successful in the Champions League, but Messi's dominance for both club and country gives him the slightest of edges.

I honestly don't get why people engage in this kind of debate every time. Both are good players, both are goats, both have done well for their clubs and their country. Can't we just appreciate them without comparing the two?

I like Messi, he is not only very good on the field but also off field. Ronaldo is no doubt a good player but he shows frustration when fails to perform well. He also appear arrogant, compared to Messi. I have Messi more than Ronaldo, so my heart goes out ot Messi

I like Messi, he is not only very good on the field but also off field. Ronaldo is no doubt a good player but he shows frustration when fails to perform well. He also appear arrogant, compared to Messi. I have Messi more than Ronaldo, so my heart goes out ot Messi
In what way is Messi a good player off the field?

In what way is Messi a good player off the field?
Did you see what he did after Inter Miami won the tournament? He has displayed such activities of benevolence multiple times. He is a good guy. Unlike Ronaldo Messi have never thrown away his boots after manager took him off the field

Back