Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Religion

I'm an atheist and believe in nothing. Does anyone presume that the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, or Romans were a stupid people? Were they all wrong about their beliefs? I'll leave that one alone, but faith is naivety to it's extreme. Imagine that the creator of the universe has a son who flips out and loses it in front of the temple of Jerusalem and chases out the money changers with a whip.

And oh yes, he can walk on water too !

I am not particularly religious but I do believe there is something out there. I respect other faiths as we can learn from them all.

I'm a proud Muslim. I always try my best to follow the terms and regulations to be a good Muslim.

I am a Christian. I believe in the existence of God. What I don't believe is the fact that God took our brains from us and told our pastors to think for us. I reverence God but question unethical doctrines wholly.

I do not fear god. I respect instead. I do not believe that god will punish me. In the end, we reap what we sow. If you jump into a river, you get wet. That is not a punishment, it is called Karma.

I am a Christian, I came form a Christian home, so this is pretty much all I know, though I do not discriminate others when they follow other religions.

I have great belief and high regards for God. I know he exists and he's the most powerful being in the universe, this fact is evident in the creations we see around us. It takes great wisdom to be able to perfectly make things the way they are.

I am not too religious, but being a Hindu, I believe in God and worship Him because he is the creator of us all. I don't believe in other religions but equally respect other religions because every religion tells us to treat everyone with love.

As far as Christianity is concerened, people are looking at it all wrong. It's about relationships with people.
I'm an atheist and believe in nothing. Does anyone presume that the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, or Romans were a stupid people? Were they all wrong about their beliefs? I'll leave that one alone, but faith is naivety to it's extreme. Imagine that the creator of the universe has a son who flips out and loses it in front of the temple of Jerusalem and chases out the money changers with a whip.

The Ancients were also religious. They just weren't Christians.

So should he have used heavenly thunder to chase them out of the temple simply because he is the son of God?

So should he have used heavenly thunder to chase them out of the temple simply because he is the son of God?
No, he should have "turned he other cheek" as he told everyone else to do with his sermon on the mount.

Last edited:
No, he sound have "turned he other cheek" as he told everyone else to do with his sermon on the mount.
Seems you are missing the point here, and turning the other cheek doesn't really count here. They turned the temple that was ment to be a place for worship and prayer into a market place, so how should he had turn his other cheek? Then again you seem to forget the part that he might be the son of God but he came down as human, which means he also has human emotions, and anger is part of it. Him reacting that way clearly shows his human nature speaking and how irritated he was about what was going on.

Seems you are missing the point here, and turning the other cheek doesn't really count here. They turned the temple that was ment to be a place for worship and prayer into a market place, so how should he had turn his other cheek?
Funny how Christians can twist and turn bible stories to fit any circumstance. Turn the other cheek except when....oh but that was different.
The 10 commandments including "Thou shalt not kill' the very next day after showing everyone the commandment tablets Moses kills thousands for worshiping the golden calf. Oh, but that was different!

Jesus was half human? Sort of like Dr.Spock on Star Trek huh?

Funny how Christians can twist and turn bible stories to fit any circumstance. Turn the other cheek except when....oh but that was different.
The 10 commandments including "Thou shalt not kill' the very next day after showing everyone the commandment tablets Moses kills thousands for worshiping the golden calf. Oh, but that was different!

Non believers say like you said. It's not your fault. 😉🫣

Lol it's also funny how someone who doesn't believe would twist things to fit in their point. You can't possibly understand it the way we do, and the more we try explaining, you still won't reason it our way, so why try?

Back