Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

One sports you would love to play

Yes, all these accolades and accomplishments don't come overnight. There are years of hardwork, discipline, self control etc. There is a huge price to pay for that. Moreover, you are prone to injuries and hurts very frequently. The challenges are not less. And only with true passion and dedication can survive it.
Yes that's true, and there are some injuries that might end your career. There was a time I heard someone who was into sports complain about certain pains he gets frequently due to the kind of training he undertake

Yes that's true, and there are some injuries that might end your career. There was a time I heard someone who was into sports complain about certain pains he gets frequently due to the kind of training he undertake
Recently, my mentor's daughter who has been into artistic gymnastics from young age of 7 and made so many achievements to reach national level. Her dream was to go for Olympics medal this time and she truly deserved that. But in 2022, she had a major fall during practice session in the camp and had some head and spine injury. She was 20 and she had to undergo few surgeries and a long treatment to be able to stand on her feet. Now she can't do anything sporty. Thankfully she will be able to lead a normal life with some limitations of physical activities. She has changed her career path and now going to the US next week to pursue Curative Education course in Camp hill. She wants to work for people and children with disabilities.

Recently, my mentor's daughter who has been into artistic gymnastics from young age of 7 and made so many achievements to reach national level. Her dream was to go for Olympics medal this time and she truly deserved that. But in 2022, she had a major fall during practice session in the camp and had some head and spine injury. She was 20 and she had to undergo few surgeries and a long treatment to be able to stand on her feet. Now she can't do anything sporty. Thankfully she will be able to lead a normal life with some limitations of physical activities. She has changed her career path and now going to the US next week to pursue Curative Education course in Camp hill. She wants to work for people and children with disabilities.
I can imagine how painful it must have been for her not being able to live out her dream the way she had but as you said, thank God she is okay now to live her normal life.

I can imagine how painful it must have been for her not being able to live out her dream the way she had but as you said, thank God she is okay now to live her normal life.
It was devastating. With all treatment and steroids painkiller, she has put on weight. We were not sure if she would ever be back on her feet seeing the bad injury. But after an year in bed, she recovered and healed with many therapy to make her walk again.

It was devastating. With all treatment and steroids painkiller, she has put on weight. We were not sure if she would ever be back on her feet seeing the bad injury. But after an year in bed, she recovered and healed with many therapy to make her walk again.
Thank God she is up and walking again. Am sure she will definitely discover something else that she is going to love a lot and hopefully even help her forget about sports.

I have three sports I love to play such as swimming, bowling, and lawn tennis. But there are only two I always do, swimming and lawn tennis. I play lawn tennis every weekend and swimming every M/WSS. I started swimming at age 7 and lawn tennis during high school.

I have three sports I love to play such as swimming, bowling, and lawn tennis. But there are only two I always do, swimming and lawn tennis. I play lawn tennis every weekend and swimming every M/WSS. I started swimming at age 7 and lawn tennis during high school.
Bowling is my favorite too. I planned to go with my friends but for some reason we need to cancel it

I would often go for bowling with my friends, colleagues and family at times. I have started it much later in my life, only lately when a new bowling place opened in the mall near my home. I am still to get better at it. I enjoy it with my friends. We all are just okay with the skills of the game, but we have a lot of Fun and laughter.

It's fun to play bowling and I play it for fun not to compete with anyone. We as a group like to go every week or twice a month

Bowling is my favorite too. I planned to go with my friends but for some reason we need to cancel it
During the pandemic I wasn't able to do bowling. All bowling lanes in the city were closed because of the. virus. It was opened back during the new normal but people lost interest because the charges were getting higher. In my case, I resolved to do swimming and lawn tennis only.

Bowling is costly here too. So, it can't be done frequently. If the weather is good, I would go for a free swimming instead in my apartment that has a swimming pool

Football is no doubt so popular in almost every country. India may not have a better fifa rankings but still people have passion for football
I too like the football sportso much and l really following up on it.

India doesn't have a good FIFA ranking, but the game is very popular here and it's getting more popular with the younger generation. Thanks to FIFA mobile game too. It too played a big role to bring it to the common people. Now a days, I see many young children going for football coaching. Though India might not have made a big impression as a team, there are couple of Indian footballers who have a good contribution to the International records

I always love to play lawn tennis. It gives me perfect shape apart from my swimming sport. We need to have a sport because we will never feel alone and bored. We can also meet many players of the same sports. It's relaxing too.

During the pandemic I wasn't able to do bowling. All bowling lanes in the city were closed because of the. virus. It was opened back during the new normal but people lost interest because the charges were getting higher. In my case, I resolved to do swimming and lawn tennis only.
I don't go every week. We go once a month in most cases and it's mostly a boys day out and that's the day when I spend most of my day outside with my friends.

Back