Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Not every text needs a response

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
Yes, it is true that not every text requires a response Some messages may be informative, theoretical, or simply don't necessitate a reply. It's important to consider the context and content of the message to determine whether a response is needed. In some cases, acknowledging the message with a simple reaction like a thumbs-up or a smiley emoji can suffice without engaging in a full conversation. It's okay to prioritize responding to messages that require a reply and to let others go unanswered when appropriate.

For me l really like conversions mostly. I can say that l can spend hours talking to the phone without feeling tired. So l am a very lazy in texting and waiting for replies to start the chat again and again. Maybe the other person is tired with the texting on the other end and you serious don't have any idea about it surely.

It is important to note that it is a case to case. It all depends on the content and context of the message whether requires a response or not. In my vase, I do not reply in words once someone messages me. I just reply with an emoji that correlates with the message.

There are some texts or messages that I can use emoji or react with a thumps up. If you are a good with conversation, I will keep up and make sure we didn't get tired with our messages.

Exactly and that's the reason I don't respond on everything, sometimes I react on the posts which I consider not answering.

I seldom reply messages in context, I mostly reply with an emoji or gif to compensate the feeling of the sender and that mostly occur when I am tired from work or at work. Sometimes I put off my phone to avoid receiving annoying texts messages.

I agree Scorpion and yes there are times when I only answers with a thumbs up or not even reply but the sender is aware that I have read and does not expect any reply

There are some text that are plain annoying or not even mature enough for a response. In such cases, it's best you just simply ignore these text. They do not deserve a response.

If I receive a text message and does not require a reply in words, I only reply in emoji to compensate the feeling of the texter, however, it it is a family member texting me, I will text back and sometimes call.

These days our social media apps now have the option to react to messages. Most times i just simply react to it so the sender can see that I have already seen the message.

A response generally was meant to communicate back to the other person that you have seen the message. But with the use of emojis, it has become easier. There are some conversations that a particular message comes in as dead end. Use and emoji to let the person know that the message has gotten to you.

Some text messages serve as a reminder on a work place for example and does not necessarily require a response. It is only for your eyes to see and the brain to react especially if it is about and emergency meeting. You only comply and it's learned you're there when attendance is monitored by the boss.

Some text messages serve as a reminder on a work place for example and does not necessarily require a response. It is only for your eyes to see and the brain to react especially if it is about and emergency meeting. You only comply and it's learned you're there when attendance is monitored by the boss.
True, while some text are a trapped to test you just to see how you would reply or what you would do. So we just have to be careful.

True, while some text are a trapped to test you just to see how you would reply or what you would do. So we just have to be careful.
There are times I intend not to reply if feeling tired from work. Other times I just say okay, thank you and associate it with a matching emoji to compensate the texters feeling and effort. This evening I received a call but I didn't answer. I was sleepy lol.

There are times I intend not to reply if feeling tired from work. Other times I just say okay, thank you and associate it with a matching emoji to compensate the texters feeling and effort. This evening I received a call but I didn't answer. I was sleepy lol.
Lol I can imagine, I have never really been into calls from the very beginning. Give me a choice and I would choose text anytime any day.

Lol I can imagine, I have never really been into calls from the very beginning. Give me a choice and I would choose text anytime any day.
My friends even my family seldom text me. They know I am not a fan of texting. I am also not a fan of calling. I want to use my mobile phone for my business and important matters at work only.

My friends even my family seldom text me. They know I am not a fan of texting. I am also not a fan of calling. I want to use my mobile phone for my business and important matters at work only.
At the moment though I am trying to change, especially since I am a business owners, there are times I have to make calls or answer some calls.

You are very right on that. In fact l am not good at chatting and l wouldn't respond to most of the texts.

At the moment though I am trying to change, especially since I am a business owners, there are times I have to make calls or answer some calls.
Your business is digital needing all the time call or text. If you won't reply they will no longer transact with you. Also, that call means money you need not to ignore. But if you are busy of other things, you may set your your call recording and reply them later.

Your business is digital needing all the time call or text. If you won't reply they will no longer transact with you. Also, that call means money you need not to ignore. But if you are busy of other things, you may set your your call recording and reply them later.
Exactly, but this doesn't stop me from grumbling sometimes when I see my phone ringing. Especially in situations where they call in awkward times.

Back