Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Listening to music while exercising

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
Do you listen to music while exercising? How does music impact exercise performance and motivation? I listen to music while exercising. Listening to music during exercise has been shown to enhance mood, reduce perceived exertion, and increase motivation and enjoyment of physical activity. Upbeat music with a strong rhythm can help synchronize movement and improve pacing during workouts, leading to better performance outcomes.

Listening to music whenever I am working out is a constant because there is no way I am going to be working out without listening to music. It is going to become a very boring workout session if I am not playing music. Even if you go to the gym, they are always playing music when people are working out.

I listen to music because for some reason it gives me a lot more energy than without music. But it should not be special music, it is mainly bass boosted music that motivates to train

I do sometimes especially if I'm on my exercise bike. But not if I'm using my rowing machine as it's makes a racket and I can't hear the music. I like music when I'm doing my situps.

Hip hop music while at the gym working out seems to spur up the adrenaline flow in me to push my exercising to the extreme limits. It has deeper impact if the music is blaring from a very good speaker.

Yes, it helps a lot. I have been doing this for years now. The only thing is not to get too much involved in the music. Instrumental works for me.

Absolutely, listening to music is a must for me when exercising. Having a pumped-up playlist is incredibly motivating and helps power me through tough workouts. I feed off the driving beats and energizing lyrics. Music is transportive, distracting me from any burnout or fatigue. With my headphones in, I can get into that focused, mindful zone and go the extra mile. The right tunes simply make exercising more enjoyable.

I hate using headphones, especially Bluetooth ones while exercising. It is easier when you are in a calm environment not music directly pumped into you.

I am a fan of Jay-Z and listening to his songs when I exercise is a morale booster for me. It helps me not to stop whenever that I am keeping fit.

I still don't understand how anyone will say that they are keeping fit without the music playing. How do they enjoy it?

I feel that it is very important to always use music when you exercise. Exercising with music on is very good for anyone that wants to achieve the maximum goal.

Most of the times, it is not easy for me to exercise without having that music that is playing on the background. It can be boring most times.

Music is like food to the soul. For that reason, I prefer listening to music each time that I am keeping fit and that has been of help whenever that I am building at the gym

I don't always listen to songs, but I usually listen to some most of the times, it helps makes things a lot more interesting then most times it makes me feel like the main character in an action movie with my background sound 😏

I usually find listening to music to be distracting, because my attention will be divided. I would want to sing along with the song I am listening to, and at the same time workout. So I don't usually do it.

To be perfectly honest, it is good to listen to music while exercising because it can significantly enhance your experience during the process. It is also important to mention that the music it has a very big power to elevate your mood and it will also increase your motivation as well.

From my perspective, I would encourage you to incorporate your favorite lyrics into your exercise routine because this can make the time fly and you will also help you to push through the challenging moment as well.

As someone who have a lot of experience in exercising and listening to music, I have come to know that the rhythm and the temple of a music has a great influence on your exercise and it is also good to match your music selection to the type of workout that you are actually doing at that moment.

it's no secret that music is a power tool.that can be used to enhance performance and it will also up to create endurance during exercise. Believe it or not, studies have actually shown that music help to improve exercise efficiency and it is also help you to deliver good result.

Based on my understanding, it is very funny how things workout sometimes and I would say that a catchy beat or inspiring lyrics would give you an extra push and will help you go extra mile in your workout and that's why it important remember that finding the right music that would resonate with your personality is crucial.

Incorporating music into your workout is not only an enjoyable thing but it also add benefit to your physical performance and it all create a mental Focus. In my experience, creating playlist specifically that is tailored towards different kinds of workout that you engage in can motivate you.

Adding music to your workout brings in fun. There are times where I get bored working out, especially when I do it alone, but adding music makes me feel less alone and even gives me a little boost.

Featured Articles

Back