Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Lebron James vs Michael Jordan

Mike

Off The Mark

Reaction score
Two of the very best from different generations of basketball but who is better and why? Can you compare two players from different generations?

I don't and never have watched basketball so I can't comment on who is the better player but Michael Jordan certainly has a greater legacy, for obvious reasons.

It's impossible to be objective.

It's you talk about "legacy" or rings. I think that Bill Russell with his 11 rings and 8 in-a-row chips definitely is a better stat. But then again i always thought that sports continue to develop and get better everyday. For instance, 90s defense is trash it's a myth that they were physical and arbiters allowed the famous hand-cheking, now that changed in favor of the game pace.. People were really bad at mid-range shooting and three pointers for obvious reasons, but then again it was another kind of game, now the ball movement is far superior and players improved the shooting average and that means more points in the game.

To me, the GOAT is Russell.
Best marketing and "revolution" of the game: Michael Jordan
Best Career: Lebron James

I'm more familiar with Lebron James's game more than I ever did with Michael Jordan. It's why I would have to choose Lebron James as the best for me.

I'm more familiar with Lebron James's game more than I ever did with Michael Jordan. It's why I would have to choose Lebron James as the best for me.
Your should check out some of Michael Jordan games it's really apparent to me Michael Jordan is the Wayne Gretzky of basketball...or in this era the Connor McDavid of basketball because when they play you can see how much better they are then everyone else playing against them...

Michael Jordan is the GOAT! Lebron James is good too. He's making all the headlines with all the records he's creating but if you watched Michael Jordan play, you will see pure greatness.

I would have both of them in my team because if I do, no team can beat my own team. Michael Jordan and Lebron James is the very best in the history of the sports till today.

Lebron James is the greatest of all time in basketball for me because I think he deserves it more than any other player who is currently playing in NBA. Micheal Jordan was great too but he's not better than Lebron James after watching both of play together in the basketball court.

Even though I do not watch basketball I am familiar with these players, I have watched them a couple of times playing but I would be too naive to compare these two great players. However, based on the popular media ranking, I believe Michael Jordan is more popular and carries better reputation than Lebron James

In my opinion, the records which Lebron James have created in the history of basketball is what have set him aside as the best in my eyes every day. The Lakers built an 8th statue for Michael Jordan last week. It was in big honor for all he has done for the club.

Michael Jordan and LeBron James are two of the greatest to ever play the game, albeit from different eras. Jordan's unrelenting competitive fire and clutch performances gave him the edge in terms of pure dominance. However, LeBron's overall skillset, longevity, and impact as a physical specimen make him a different Beast.

No denying Lebron is a top player of all time. No doubt. Love his legacy, but watching Jordan was different. Respect to both

Back