Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

It's tough being alone

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
Though I am not alone at home, but I see in other county people prefer to live alone. My foreigner ex lived alone and he told me how he suffered the loneliness of being alone. He said that he kept on calling his friends to ease his loneliness and emptiness. In my case, I may not suffice to live alone. I hate loneliness. I am used to being around with people . There are also remedies to ease your aloneness by starting a new hobby or do volunteer work . Remember, you don't have to be alone in loneliness. There are many ways to reach out and connect with others, even if you're at home. What are some of your favorite ways to connect with people?

Last edited:
Being alone is fine than being surrounded by fake people so it's fine to be alone

There are times when I do not really mind being alone, I don't really like having too much people around me because I value my privacy a lot. On the other hand it does not mean I always want to be alone.

There are times when I do not really mind being alone, I don't really like having too much people around me because I value my privacy a lot. On the other hand it does not mean I always want to be alone.
There are times we need space to think in depth of something we want to do like business or investment. We can't concentrate well if there are people around us who keep on blabbing nonsense. It's a case to case too because others like to babble.

There are times we need space to think in depth of something we want to do like business or investment. We can't concentrate well if there are people around us who keep on blabbing nonsense. It's a case to case too because others like to babble.
Yes that's true. Like when it comes to designing. Most times I just want to be alone and not have anyone disturb me, especially when am trying to concentrate on a design. Then there are times I can even talk or joke around while designing.

Yes that's true. Like when it comes to designing. Most times I just want to be alone and not have anyone disturb me, especially when am trying to concentrate on a design. Then there are times I can even talk or joke around while designing.
Your job requires no disturbance. You're dealing with your imagination hence, it requires no disruption. Set aside time you're free to joke around. Your friends will understand you. You must also have time for yourself. Be kind to yourself and compassionate.

Its not easy but we need to learn that we will go alone when we will die so this is the reality of life

Many got sick due to loneliness of staying alone. Others feel like crazy talking to themselves. It's best for them to marry to have all the time companion. If not invite someone to rent one of your rooms so there's a human being to talk to.

Your job requires no disturbance. You're dealing with your imagination hence, it requires no disruption. Set aside time you're free to joke around. Your friends will understand you. You must also have time for yourself. Be kind to yourself and compassionate.
Its not so easy though. I am currently working from home and I am not living alone, so most times I can't actually ignore them. Especially cases whee i have to cook what they would eat and so on.

Its not so easy though. I am currently working from home and I am not living alone, so most times I can't actually ignore them. Especially cases whee i have to cook what they would eat and so on.
Why are you the one cooking when you have an online job? What about your mom? Is she working? Well, anyway lucky is the lady who will own your heart lol. Only a very few males cook. That's also one way to ease your loneliness through cooking.

Why are you the one cooking when you have an online job? What about your mom? Is she working? Well, anyway lucky is the lady who will own your heart lol. Only a very few males cook. That's also one way to ease your loneliness through cooking.
Lol my mom doesn't cook, she is abit advanced in age but not to the point where she can't cook, but I guess she chose not to, so me and my sister does the cooking, but most times, especially when it has to do with breakfast, I am usually the one doing it. Hehe while growing up both my parents ensured that both the boys and the girls can cook and do other domestic chores.

I cannot live alone that's the reason I don't allow my family to any other place without me. I know there are people who feel happy to live alone but I cannot live alone. I hate loneliness.

No matter how much of a loner you are, you would get to that point that you just want to reach out to someone. That's when you would understand that locking yourself out isn't fun.

Lol my mom doesn't cook, she is abit advanced in age but not to the point where she can't cook, but I guess she chose not to, so me and my sister does the cooking, but most times, especially when it has to do with breakfast, I am usually the one doing it. Hehe while growing up both my parents ensured that both the boys and the girls can cook and do other domestic chores.
Wow, you are a very good son and you van also love alone because you can cook. Your mom was right in educating you guys to cook so when she gets older, she can rely on you. You have to share your household's chores with your sister. Is your sister younger or older than you?

That's great that your parents had this thinking. I also think same. We don't always ask our daughter to help in the domestic works, my son equally does that. My wife thinks he should also know what a girl is expected to do in our society.

That's great that your parents had this thinking. I also think same. We don't always ask our daughter to help in the domestic works, my son equally does that. My wife thinks he should also know what a girl is expected to do in our society.
Yes, according to my parents back then, they would say they do not want to have sons that would start suffering their wives in the future and not be able to assist them. Or a situation where our future wives will suffer us with food.

Loneliness is an emotion I don't feel, have never felt and never will feel. I am a loner and also quite misanthropic. I don't need people.

It was also very difficult for me before, but now that I am not alone, sometimes I even need too much attention and constant communication, but you can never be alone. Because the children are always around and the husband is sometimes even boring

It was also very difficult for me before, but now that I am not alone, sometimes I even need too much attention and constant communication, but you can never be alone. Because the children are always around and the husband is sometimes even boring
What makes your husband boring to you? Maybe he no longer talks about love or happiness only watching TV or work and go. It is also difficult if there is no constant communication. It is needed for a relationship to last stronger and longer.

Though I am not alone at home, but I see in other county people prefer to live alone. My foreigner ex lived alone and he told me how he suffered the loneliness of being alone. He said that he kept on calling his friends to ease his loneliness and emptiness. In my case, I may not suffice to live alone. I hate loneliness. I am used to being around with people . There are also remedies to ease your aloneness by starting a new hobby or do volunteer work . Remember, you don't have to be alone in loneliness. There are many ways to reach out and connect with others, even if you're at home. What are some of your favorite ways to connect with people?
Actually it was tough to stay alone and it's wasn't easy but now the social media tends to connect many people across the globe

Back