Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Is there hope for Onana at Manchester United?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Before the end of last season, a lot of questions were asked on who is going to become the Manchester United Number 1 goalkeeper. The contract of David De Gea just ended, and some fans wanted him out for his blunders last season, and that made Manchester United not renew his contract.

The coming of Onana from Inter Milan was seen as a positive news. However, he has had a terrible run between the sticks for Manchester United. What do you think can bring redemption to him?

It depends on the coach to decide if he will still trust Onana to be the first team goalkeeper in Manchester United. Onana was played once in AFCON with his team Cameroon. He conceded 3 goals. He was benched for the rest of the tournament.

It depends on the coach to decide if he will still trust Onana to be the first team goalkeeper in Manchester United. Onana was played once in AFCON with his team Cameroon. He conceded 3 goals. He was benched for the rest of the tournament.

I think that the manager at Manchester United has low trust on the 2nd goalkeeper, and that is the only explanation for the manager not starting him after he made a series of errors as a player. Onana has to improve because the new part owner of Manchester United may want to see a couple of changes happen at the club now.

I never believed that André Onana was going to settle down very fast in a football club as big as Manchester United. If you are thinking about any football club where there is too much pressure and demand on the players to perform and deliver all the time, it's in Manchester United. The pressure have gotten to Onana.

I never believed that André Onana was going to settle down very fast in a football club as big as Manchester United. If you are thinking about any football club where there is too much pressure and demand on the players to perform and deliver all the time, it's in Manchester United. The pressure have gotten to Onana.

It is not ironic that Onana once claimed that he doesn't care about the pressure that comes with playing for Manchester United as he wants to be focused on enjoying himself. However, things have not gone the way that he wanted it, and now is the time that he has to prove that he is serious about competing.

In my opinion, he is a good goalkeeper and a lot depends on the team. I don't really follow this team, but I think that there are a lot of problems in the team and maybe it's worth thinking about firing the coach because I don't understand how they still cooperate with him after such results

It is not ironic that Onana once claimed that he doesn't care about the pressure that comes with playing for Manchester United as he wants to be focused on enjoying himself. However, things have not gone the way that he wanted it, and now is the time that he has to prove that he is serious about competing.

The only thing I know is that Andre Onana is going to need a lot of time for him to be able to settle in Manchester United and it's up to the manager to help him to do that because once the manager no longer believes in him, he will be dropped for another goalkeeper to take over and this is going to affect his confidence in a very big way.

I would still say that Onana should be given one more season to prove if he is worthy to be number one at Manchester United. If he fails to convince, he should be sold or even released for free. But he should be given time. Some players come good after passage of time.

I believe that there is a chance for him to become one of the key players because there is no one to replace for Manchester United and they will not find a better goalkeeper for such a team. Of course DE Gea was the best option but he is a goalkeeper not a bad replacement for him and he just needs to train more and also needs full cooperation from the coach and also much less pressure from the fans

It is just his first season and fans should let him be. I don't understand the criticism that he is getting from fans all over the world. I think that we give him time to play for at least two seasons before we can conclude what he is capable of doing for the club.

Featured Articles

Back