Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Is there a dress code at your job?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I don't have that because my superiors think that a person's work is more important to them than how they look, but of course within reasonable limits. I like their attitude about it. I would like it to be the same in my previous jobs

I don't have a job, I run my own business. And that is the beauty of business. You don't have to align to wearing any particular kind of dresses to work. As an entrepreneur, I wear anything I can find in my closet and that's peace of mind on it's own.

No there is no such requirement at my job but still we need to dress decently

I don't have a job, I run my own business. And that is the beauty of business. You don't have to align to wearing any particular kind of dresses to work. As an entrepreneur, I wear anything I can find in my closet and that's peace of mind on it's own.
This is great because many people have moments when they spend a lot of time to choose clothes and also spend money to buy clothes just for work and they will not go anywhere else in this outfit

When I was in paid employment as a high achieve teacher, I used to spend so much money to get clothes so I can dress corporate. You could imagine having to buy a tie and a shoe often because you are supposed to dress to impress.

We have different dress codes at my workplace. I am working in a communication company and we have different outfits for different days.

We also wear some unique clothes for some of the events that we do depending on when the event is coming up. I have a lot of these clothes at home as well.

I once worked at an hospitality industry, so yes we have a dress code. We are required to wear white shirt on black pants on Mondays to Thursdays. But on the rest of the days, we can go casual, as long as it is modest.

I am currently working from home, so there is no dress code for me. I could even be in my pajamas and still attend to most of my customers with ease 😄. I guess that's one of the benefits of working online.

I once worked at a restaurant, and we are given a yellow uniform to wear on black pants. It must be worn like that everyday or else you will be sanctioned seriously!

Yes, there is a fairly standard business casual dress code at my workplace. The guidelines prohibit overly casual items like ripped jeans, athletic wear, flip-flops etc. While ties aren't mandatory for men, collared shirts and slacks or khakis are expected.

I mostly work at home so no dress code for me. But I do have to go down to the warehouse every so often, and the store in front as well all have to wear red tee shirts with the company logo on them.

I mostly work at home so no dress code for me. But I do have to go down to the warehouse every so often, and the store in front as well all have to wear red tee shirts with the company logo on them.
Man, the freedom that comes with working from home is certainly underated! Nobody to set unreasonable rules, no going to work late or closing late. And of course, you don't have to worry about transportation!

Featured Articles

Back