Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is the refrigerator the best place to leave a reminder for yourself?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
A lot of people leave reminders on the refrigerator because this is the place we visit most often in the kitchen. A lot of people do this in movies and I also do it sometimes, but most often I leave a reminder on my smartphone

My first option would be my smartphone. I am literally with it on a daily basis and I can set an alarm that would remind me. Refrigerators can be my second option.

When I was growing up, my mother used to write our to do list or reminders for us on the refrigerator. I didn't found it useless because it helped me a lot to be conscious of what and how I need to do things.

Now that I am an adult, I make sure to use the refrigerator or I make use of my diary while going out.

A lot of people leave reminders on the refrigerator because this is the place we visit most often in the kitchen. A lot of people do this in movies and I also do it sometimes, but most often I leave a reminder on my smartphone

If you have the intention of leaving the food for a long time without warming it, I believe that the refrigerator is the best place for you to keep it and have it frozen. Otherwise, the food is going to spoil. Any food left over the I have goes to my fridge without wasting time.

I don’t leave notes on my refrigerator, but I do set reminders on my phone. It’s a lot easier for me to be reminded of the things when I set them on my phone.

I still use my refrigerator to put reminders for family events, special days, doctor's appointment and my weekly meal menu. My weekly meal menu has to be there on refrigerator so that I can plan my grocery purchase accordingly and I am not lost on a busy working day morning thinking what to cook and pack.
My work related reminders are on my smartphone.

Smartphone is another place to write down reminders. I see it as a stress though because if it is written on the refrigerator, it will be easier to see, read and scroll than going through phone to check.

Unfortunately, I'm not always at home which makes it not suitable for me to use my refrigerator as a place for putting reminders. I can easily make use of my smartphone to do that because I am constantly with my smartphone.

I keep them on the edge of my bed where I can see it every morning. Most of my reminders are about morning activities so it works for me.

Yes. My refrigerator is the best place to keep food that are left overs. It's also a good place to keep fresh food items so they don't spoil. I keep all my vegetables in the fridge.

Back