Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is it your habit to argue?

If there is somebody near us a troublemaker for being reckless and tactless, let us stay away as soon as possible. That kind of person surely makes trouble in arguing something that is so irrelevant and insignificant. We will be affected and can't concentrate on our work.

I feel that some arguments with certain people don't serve any purpose. They can be energy draining. Some people can make you loose your peace of mind with their reckless arguments. I just try to politely avoid them. The negativity and then the increased stress can actually derail the whole day. I don't want to loose my mind's peace and my day.

I do not like to argue. It is a waste of time and energy. There is nothing beneficial we will get unless it is a debate and a pay. I will surely participate in argumentation. But if not, I will stay away from it. It will surely escalate and war of words from a heated argument may be inevitable.

@Scorpion . You are right. I was very active member of our Debating club in school and college. I enjoyed those healthy debates and looked forward to win an argument or get some prize. If it's a platform where you are paid to argue, I would love to.

When they said that silence is golden, they are talking to me. I don't like arguement or even like to be seen arguing with another and I don't like seeing myself being stressed when I am telling you what you did, I will just say it on the due time.

I do have this habit and am planning and hoping and working to control it as its not good for us both financially and mentally lol

@Sara . I totally agree with you. I have seen that silence at times works more effectively than the endless arguments. And it does save your time and energy too. It's a very effective weapon in communication at times.
@Ginger . How have you suffered financially?

I am the other way round. I try to avoid it as much as possible, especially with people who are hard nuts to crack. I want my peace of mind more than an useless argument which leads to nothing. Yes, if it's reasonable person worth of doing it, I will keep my points politely.
True, there are some people who are not worth arguing with at all. The more you argue with them, you just end up wasting your time and energy.

The older I get the more argumentative I become. I won't go out of my way to start an argument but if someone says something or does something I don't agree with I'll call them out on it. Often this leads to an argument. Just gotta stand your ground with most people, and if you're not being unreasonable they will back down.

I hate arguing. I try to avoid the situations, but stand my ground at the same time.

I would try to avoid it as much as I can, but at times I can't compromise with certain things that I strongly stand for. I would argue there. I need to. I am very firm and clear with certain values and boundary that I have. I just try to keep my tone down and don't get over agitated. A firm but polite statement is more impactful.

I used to really hate arguing and I still don't prefer to argue, but sometimes it just happens. When I know I'm right about something, I want to make sure the other person is aware that I'm right. I don't like confrontation, but lately it's been happening at work more because it's been hot and we've all been agitated from the heat.

There are times ( most of the times when I am arguing) I will argue just for the sake of getting my stand and my boundaries clear. I have no intention to win. I even know that the person opposite to me is a hard nut to crack. My only motive is to put my boundaries and point strongly. I can't compromise on that.

I do enjoy arguments. I see it as a normal way of having to interact with the people who care. There is no way that I am going to look at arguments as something that I should avoid.

@Frank. I would agree with you. The arguments in close relationships are in fact very healthy if they are done in a very respectful way. Arguments means that you have not given up on the relationship and you are trying to discuss things. I would argue frequently with my husband and we would have them very often when taking important decisions. But we make sure that it doesn't get ugly.
I try to avoid every argument possible when it comes to people who don't matter much and we know that they have a thick cuticle and a very rigid mindset.

@Frank. I would agree with you. The arguments in close relationships are in fact very healthy if they are done in a very respectful way. Arguments means that you have not given up on the relationship and you are trying to discuss things. I would argue frequently with my husband and we would have them very often when taking important decisions. But we make sure that it doesn't get ugly.
I try to avoid every argument possible when it comes to people who don't matter much and we know that they have a thick cuticle and a very rigid mindset.
I didn't know that arguing with my husband and still see it as a healthy thing makes the relationship to be healthy. I don't like arguments and I won't like to continue talking about something that I have always pointed out the first, second and third time. Sometimes, men like to be in the defensive side and making you that talks about it a fool. Smh, I hate that with passion.

@Sara . I totally agree with you. I have seen that silence at times works more effectively than the endless arguments. And it does save your time and energy too. It's a very effective weapon in communication at times.
@Ginger . How have you suffered financially?
I know that there are some people that will push you off the cliff to know your reaction. If not self control, I will see myself arguing like a mad person that doesn't care about anything. The reason I prefer to be silent to avoid be disrespected.

No, I don’t like to argue, but I’ll hold my own in an argument. I find it extremely annoying to argue all the time and I don’t understand why some people find it entertaining to argue all the time.

@Sara . You have made valid points. That's what even I would approve. I will not argue if I see it going down the drain with no effective result. I will have a self control there. I prefer silence then. So, to argue or not to argue will come out of a situation and the person who is the other participant.

Back