Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

In what year did you first step in a gym?

Debashis

Active Contributor

Reaction score
We often find ourselves worrying about our physique and when it gets too much, we finally decide to follow a diet and hit the gym. When was the first time you successfully pushed yourself enough to step inside of a gym? Were you able to continue? If not, for how long did you go? Are you planning to join a gym again?

I think it was 2020. I had just weighed myself and I knew I had to do something about it. I wasn't the most consistent for the first 2 years but I still made decent progress, so it's been worth it. I'm a lot more consistent now.

Maybe i was 18. After the admision test for university, i ended up gaining weight due to stress and decided to burn it all in a gym durning that time.

I never seriously considered gyms until going to university. At the university, they had a gym class and so that sparked an interest and soon I was going to private gyms later in life in my late 20s and early 30s.

It should be in 2017 if my memory serves me right. Although, I wasn't gyming steady but I was able to keep myself fit. My body was in a great space too then.

I started working out at the gym in my 6th grade. I've always been obsessed with how my body looked like at a young age. It was why I started working on my body at a young age.

If I remembered correctly, it would be in 2012 I went to the gym for the first time because of the pressure from my friends to do. Unfortunately, I never liked it because I'm not good being in a the mix of many people.

I think it was 2020. I had just weighed myself and I knew I had to do something about it. I wasn't the most consistent for the first 2 years but I still made decent progress, so it's been worth it. I'm a lot more consistent now.

My first experience at the gym should be around 2017 and it was when I had a heartbreak and needed to be somewhere where I don't have to think too much about the events that brought me there. It was not easy, but I made considerable progress in the first year. So, I agree with you that the first year at the gym will always come with a bit of inconsistencies.

I started a gym in 2015. I think it is the best solution for sedentary and health-related problems. Add to that you could discover cool friends and establish new relationship because there are persons there that could be your future friends by the fact of meeting them regulary.

I would not want to lie about when I started going to the gym to work out because I cannot remember it very well. I can assume it might be around 2009 or 2010 when I began going to the gym. I know that I was going to the gym before the pandemic of coronavirus broke out. I have been using the gym since then.

Trust me, I have never stepped inside a gym. Back in the days when I was in a college, I wanted to go to a gym for body building, I had even convinced friend to get gym membership along with me. But it did not materialize because as a student I had different priorities in life, and going to a gym was not one of them

Long back. I was very young and I had this misconception that going gym could help being heroic. Soon I realised that you are going to sacrifice a lot of sleep and tasty food to be in shape.

I am still do my share of workout but never been a gym person later in my life.

Long back. I was very young and I had this misconception that going gym could help being heroic. Soon I realised that you are going to sacrifice a lot of sleep and tasty food to be in shape.

I am still do my share of workout but never been a gym person later in my life.
There is a say my gym instructor used to say all the time and it's written in so many corners of the gym house, it's No Pain, No Gain. You can't expect to become in good shape and healthy without being willing to deprive yourself of so many sweet things.

Looking good and feeling good are two different things. I won't deny that having a six pack is not without compromises.

I try to be healthy and fit, that's all.

Looking good and feeling good are two different things. I won't deny that having a six pack is not without compromises.

I try to be healthy and fit, that's all.
Yes, you are very correct. Someone might be looking very good but when it comes to the person's health, he's not healthy in any way. If you look good but not healthy, it's a waste of looking good. It's better to be healthy first and then start working on looking good.

No arguements there :)

The sad fact is that these days people are only into the easy way out. Even happiness they do not want to earn and gain it the easy way.

No arguements there :)

The sad fact is that these days people are only into the easy way out. Even happiness they do not want to earn and gain it the easy way.
You are very correct. It's the sad reality of what most people are doing now with how they seek to be fit and healthy. Some of them use lots of pills to lose weight which should not be so because those pills have a serious negative effects on the body.

In 2018, when I first seriously thought about my appearance, I realized that I absolutely did not like it because I was tall and very thin. But then I didn't go to the gym yet because I was ashamed in front of others and I started training only at home. However, after two years of training, I did not notice the result, and then in 2020, even before the outbreak of covid, I went to the gym for the first time, and literally a month later, covid started in my country, so I have not visited it since then

I started working out when I was 15 and kept at it for about two years till I was 17. I went back to the gym last year in November for about three weeks, but haven’t been back since. I need to get back to it though.

If I remembered correctly, it would be in 2012 I went to the gym for the first time because of the pressure from my friends to do. Unfortunately, I never liked it because I'm not good being in a the mix of many people.
I also made such a mistake when I was influenced by people and because of that I went to the gym not of my own volition and it led to the result because I liked my body then and it was unpleasant for me to be in the gym and do what I really didn't want to do

Back