Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

In some countries, players and coaches who do poorly receive criticism or punishment from the fans or the government. What's your opinion of this?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I am totally against it, they can criticize them to a level but should never post anything rule against them or their family and In India too many fans are so vocal that they start giving death threats to players and their families.

In some countries, players and coaches who do poorly receive criticism or punishment from the fans or the government. What's your opinion of this?

That's what we get when we have freedom of speech and an all access pass to the Internet. People tend to misuse their freedom of speech and end up doing or saying things that are not called for.

Everyone making derogatory remarks should be punished because they are misusing the freedom of speech

In any contest, someone wins and someone loses, but to punish or criticize losers is not a good thing. Yes, I have seen people go so crazy and start pelting stones on the team, mostly when we lose a match in cricket.

Situation is terrible in Asia. Last time when India lost to Bangladesh in 2007 ODI world cup then people behaved terribly.

Actually, people are emotionally attached to cricket, and they can't digest the defeat of the team by a team that is lower ranked by us. Also, the people here feel bad when we get defeated by Pakistan.

They need to understand. It's just a game and should not do anything that will make them pay at a later stage

I am totally against it, they can criticize them to a level but should never post anything rule against them or their family and In India too many fans are so vocal that they start giving death threats to players and their families.

Actually in some country practice that even my country practice that on player's or coaches fans criticize them not the government but I am against it, because no matter how good are you in competition you must surely lose

Yes, they should but they don't understand. They take defeats so seriously. I don't mind even if we lose because the better team always wins.

Yes, they should but they don't understand. They take defeats so seriously. I don't mind even if we lose because the better team always wins.
Actually you are right the better team always win, but most of sports fans hardly take defeat

Fans should take it sportingly. Being a fan you can feel the disappointment but you should give your favorite athletes more space.

Back