Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

If you could have any animal for a pet...

Stan

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
What would it be?

Setting Aside Ethics and Logistics.

It would either be a lion or a snake.

A snake, because, well, Snakes are cool- and a lion, well, who doesn't want a lion cub like simba?

Cuteness!

A snake, because, well, Snakes are cool- and a lion, well, who doesn't want a lion cub like simba?

Cuteness!
Yeah, a lion cub like Simba will look good until it grows and want to eat you for dinner.

I have no interest in keeping a wild animal as a pet.

Dog will always be by favorite pet animal.

If I could have any animal as a pet, I'd have a red panda.
They look so cute.

A DRAGON would be my choice of mythical animal to have. I will be on the dragon's back and fly miles all over the world.

If Unicorns 🦄 can be had, they would be what I'm going to get for myself as a pet. The black unicorns preferably would be my choice.

I would only be interested in keeping an animal which I can take care of without the animal killing me being my pet. With that being said, it's going to be only cats which I would want to keep. I admire those who keep wild animals like fox, tiger and more like those, but I won't keep such animals.

If I could have any animal as a pet, I would choose a dog. They are loyal, loving, and great companions. Plus, they come in all shapes and sizes, so there's a dog breed for everyone. Personally, I would go for a beagle. I just love them!

Cuteness!
Even though I'm not the person to like keeping wild animals as a pet but when it comes to down to choosing between a lion and a snake, I would choose a lion without thinking twice. Snakes disgusts me in every way can think of. The way which they slither on the floor gives me goosebumps.

Last edited:
Even though I'm not the person to like keeping wild animals as a pet but when it comes to down to choosing between a lion and a snake, I would choose a lion without thinking twice. Snakes disgusts me in every way can think of. The way which they slither on the flow gives me goosebumps.
I knew someone who had a snake. They are FILTHY and don’t give you affection either. I’m happy with cats

I knew someone who had a snake. They are FILTHY and don’t give you affection either. I’m happy with cats
The problem with dogs and cats is that they are good as pets. But there is a bad practice that cats are doing that they leave the house and could face some accidents in the street or eat something that is not healthy and then you still sad for some days.

I have liked otters for a long time and I would like to have one as a pet because they are very cute, but they require too much care and they are still quite wild animals, so you can't be sure that they are 100 percent safe.

I have liked otters for a long time and I would like to have one as a pet because they are very cute, but they require too much care and they are still quite wild animals, so you can't be sure that they are 100 percent safe.
It could not be something feasible for someone working from 9 to 5. Because they spend most of the day outside of the house. They leave their pets lonely. This could put them in a bad psychological situation. Even after work, they are tired, eat something, take a shower, and may provide them food but pet needs something more than food.

It could not be something feasible for someone working from 9 to 5. Because they spend most of the day outside of the house. They leave their pets lonely. This could put them in a bad psychological situation. Even after work, they are tired, eat something, take a shower, and may provide them food but pet needs something more than food.

I have worked from 9am in the morning to 5pm in the evening some years ago. There are so many people who are working like that and it's because they don't have any other choice but to do so. What they do is put their pets in the care of another who looks after them until they come back.

A rooster 🐓 is what I would love to keep as a pet. If I know how to take care of them, I'd keep at least 3 of them. Can they be taught how to use litter tray?

A rooster 🐓 is what I would love to keep as a pet. If I know how to take care of them, I'd keep at least 3 of them. Can they be taught how to use litter tray?

We eat roosters for meat where I am living. I have not seen anyone that is living within my neighborhood keeping roosters as their pets because it doesn't make sense at all. It is animal for consumption that people used to gain protein for themselves and not keeping them as pets.

I have no desire to have pets because they are expensive to keep, furthermore, you also have to give time to your pets. I like dogs and cats and if money was not the issue and if I had time to look after the animals, I would certainly keep dogs and cats as my pets. BY the way, I grew in the family where we had pets.

I think it would be pretty cool to have a pet monkey.
I’ve always wanted one.

I’ve always wanted one.

After watching a lot of sci-fi movies where monkeys are used for laboratory experiments, I have started developing phobia that monkeys will be contaminated in one way or another, which is the reason why it is going to be very difficult for me to keep them as pets even if they are cleared to not have anything.

I’ve always wanted one.
In my opinion, this is not a very safe animal, although it can only see so much. Many people believe that they are similar to people, but this is not even close to the truth, because they are still wild animals, such as a wolf, but with a better mind. I would be afraid to sleep in the same room with a monkey because I think it could bite my throat

Back