Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How To Overcome Anger ?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Overcoming anger requires self-awareness and compassion. When I feel angry, I take a step back, breathe deeply, and acknowledge my emotions. I identify the root cause of my anger and address it in a constructive way. I practice empathy, understanding, and forgiveness – towards myself and others. By releasing pent-up emotions and reframing my thoughts, I'm able to transform anger into a catalyst for growth, learning, and positive change. This empowers me to respond, rather than react, and cultivate a more peaceful and mindful approach to life.

How To Overcome Anger ?

There are different ways to overcome anger, the method I use can be totally different for the next person. Most times when am angry, I just take a break then focus my attention on other things.

I believe that anger is a natural feeling, so there's no way to completely eliminate it. People always do things to annoy us but then we can control the rate at which we get angry. Some people are not just worth our anger at all

There is no one that would not get angry when extremely pissed. It is how you manage yourself even when angry. You don't allow yourself to lose your mind because you are angry. That shows you have self control.

Last edited:
There is no pill to control your anger. You can learn to control it through self control and meditation

Exactly, anger is part of our human emotion, so there is notting wrong about getting angry once in awhile, the most important thing is what we do in our state of anger, or how we react to things.

It's controllable through breathing exercises and meditation and of course yoga and you need to choose what's best for you

I don't normally get angry easily. You can say it's my weakness. I don't think much about these things. People who overthink normally are short-tempered. It's better when you feel angry to take a pause for a few minutes and see if your anger will vanish.

I seldom get angry and I also do not like to get angry, it is tiresome he he. But there was a tome I was angry because our crazy neighbor stoned me and it hit my right leg. I was so angry that I stoned her back and she was afraid despite insane. I called her care taker to cage her insane relative. I was insanely mad at that time and I was late to work.

I seldom get angry and I also do not like to get angry, it is tiresome he he. But there was a tome I was angry because our crazy neighbor stoned me and it hit my right leg. I was so angry that I stoned her back and she was afraid despite insane. I called her care taker to cage her insane relative. I was insanely mad at that time and I was late to work.
I saw your posts and since you are a teacher by profession. Teachers don't get angry easily. It's the skill they mastered

I saw your posts and since you are a teacher by profession. Teachers don't get angry easily. It's the skill they mastered
True but it also depends. I have come across a few teachers who lack patience, hence they easily get angry at certain times or when faced with certain things.

I do lose patience very easily and trying to work on it from a long time but nothing has worked for me till now

You need to do meditation so as to relax your mind. You must ignore things which may ignite your anger. I know it is difficult but if you work out , you may get benefitted.

True but it also depends. I have come across a few teachers who lack patience, hence they easily get angry at certain times or when faced with certain things.
Teachers should have patience because students do ask same things many times and if they lack patience then it'll be bad for both students and the teacher.

Yes that's true, it would be extremely hard for someone who does not have patience to be able to go far in the teaching career, especially if you are dealing with young kids.

Yes , for teachers patience is compulsory as they have to deal with the kids and have to tolerate their tantrums.

I have tried many things but nothing has worked for me so I am doing my best to stay calm and not speak much when I am angry

I have tried many things but nothing has worked for me so I am doing my best to stay calm and not speak much when I am angry
That is what we call self control, it is good that you have the power to control yourself. Others would have lashed out at any small provocation.

For me l have been able to avoid the anger through not taking anything awful very seriously.

Nowadays, I just find my way to my bed when I am angry. I just lie down, reflect and sleep. By the time I am done with that, the anger would evaporate away. I have consciously avoided reacting when I am angry.

Back