Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How often do you admit you were wrong in an argument?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
Once when I was a child, I liked to argue very long and hard even if I was wrong because it was hard for me to admit it. However, now it's the opposite, I don't like to argue and even if I'm right, I can say that I'm wrong so that it ends faster

It depends on the person I am arguing with. If the person I am arguing with is my spouse or someone I need to respect, my parents, uncles and aunts, and elderly people, I easily admit that I am wrong if I am actually wrong. Even when I am not wrong, I do not insist on establishing that the person I am arguing is wrong when I am arguing with elderly people

It depends on the person I am arguing with. If the person I am arguing with is my spouse or someone I need to respect, my parents, uncles and aunts, and elderly people, I easily admit that I am wrong if I am actually wrong. Even when I am not wrong, I do not insist on establishing that the person I am arguing is wrong when I am arguing with elderly people
I had the same position once, only if I admitted that I was wrong, then the anger remained inside and I wanted to prove that it was wrong, and that is why the conflicts were renewed very often. Now I don't argue with my parents that often, but when they do, they value my opinion more than before

When I am wrong, I say it. No matter what.

Unless you admit your mistakes, you will never learn anything new.

Very often, especially if the person is close to me. There are cases I even admit am wrong even when I am 100% sure I am not the one at fault and I should not be the one to apologize.

Very often, especially if the person is close to me. There are cases I even admit am wrong even when I am 100% sure I am not the one at fault and I should not be the one to apologize.
Wow so you are very kind because I have yet to admit my mistake even if you are right because in such cases I would never do it no matter who I am arguing with. I admit a mistake when I am really wrong and it has been proven to me

I argue with everybody and am very stubborn. But...when it comes to my girlfriend I usually back down and I'll agree with her even though sometimes I think she's wrong.

One thing I have come to learn in my life is to always yield to superior arguments. Whenever it is logically clear that you have a better point, I admit and drop mine. I find it immature and selfish to keep arguing over something you see that you are not entirely correct.

One thing I have come to learn in my life is to always yield to superior arguments. Whenever it is logically clear that you have a better point, I admit and drop mine. I find it immature and selfish to keep arguing over something you see that you are not entirely correct.
It is necessary to always have true information, but sometimes, even with very strong arguments, a person will continue to argue with you because he does not want to lose, and in this case it is better to give in

I mostly realize late that I was wrong in the unnecessary argument and I should have avoided it.

When I am wrong, I say it. No matter what.

Unless you admit your mistakes, you will never learn anything new.

I have come to agree that this is the best approach to take. There is no point trying to win every argument when we know that there are times when we can be wrong in an argument. I just want to learn in an argument.

I have learned to be very objective when it comes to misunderstanding and conflicts. When it is clear that I am on the wrong side, I quickly apologize to because I can't stand a place with risen tensions.

I'd like to think I admit when I'm wrong in arguments fairly often. Nobody is perfect, and being stubborn or arrogant helps no one. If I realize my stance or statements were inaccurate or unfair during a disagreement, I try to own up to it. Admitting you're wrong takes humility, but it's important for maintaining healthy relationships and discourse. That said, I don't just concede for the sake of ending an argument either. If I genuinely believe I'm right, I'll stand my ground. But I do make an effort to acknowledge when I've made a mistake or been proven wrong.

I mostly realize late that I was wrong in the unnecessary argument and I should have avoided it.
It's also very bad for me because in such cases when I understand that I was wrong but argued so much it's hard for me to admit my fault because I think that person will start to get angry with me for wasting their time

My last argument was a reminder to me to never admit if you are wrong. Because the other side is going to be as harsh as they can. I nevertheless chose to be on the right side.

I'm someone who takes responsibility for my wrongs, so if I realize that I'm wrong I do apologize. I don't get involved in an argument when I'm at fault. I will only argue when I'm right and the other person is wrong but doesn't realize it.

It is necessary to always have true information, but sometimes, even with very strong arguments, a person will continue to argue with you because he does not want to lose, and in this case it is better to give in
When a person just feels that they just want to keep arguing even when the argument from my end is obviously superior, I don't even indulge them. I would just make them feel like they are wise by yielding. I don't have time for people that's always want to feel good.

Like any couple, we have arguments with our partner, but we never yell at each other. We defend our own opinion and try to understand each other. Sometimes I admit that I was wrong, but my husband does it much more often because he understands that I am stubborn.

I don't mind accepting my fault any number of times if I am wrong. I may not accept initially but after some time I realize my mistake

Back