Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How much sleep do you get?

Whenever you visit the hospital the doctor who is going to attend to you will always stress on the importance of sleep to you because they know that majority of what people are suffering from is as a result of not being able to sleep very well and that is why I make sleeping a high priority in what I do in life.

It depends on my schedule, for the past two weeks now, I have been having just three hours of sleep. I usually go to bed by 10pm latest then wake around 1am to start the activities for the day, since I have so much to do.

I average about 7 hours sleep a night but prefer to get 8. If I have to I can get by with 5.

It depends on my schedule, for the past two weeks now, I have been having just three hours of sleep. I usually go to bed by 10pm latest then wake around 1am to start the activities for the day, since I have so much to do.
I wouldn't risk my health like that because I also tried to sleep less because I didn't have time to do work and it only made things worse because I became much slower and I got even more tired so it's not worth it and I need to reduce the schedule for that you get a lot of healthy sleep

With lots of tasks to accomplish, I don't think I have more than 5 hours of sleep everyday. By that, I mean the ones I sleep at night and in the afternoon. I am hoping I can declog lots of things and enjoy good sleep.

On a typical night, I tend to get around 7 hours of sleep. I know experts recommend shooting for 8 hours, but I've always found that 7 hours is the sweet spot for me to wake up feeling rested without being groggy.

On average, I get like 6 hours of sleep everyday, 7 if it is weekends and I don't have to go to work. On weekdays when I'm on leave I can remain in my bed till midday!

Not enough... usually 6-7 hours on weekdays, and a bit longer at weekends.

My own fault due to my bad habit of staying up too late :p .
It's actually better than mine. Most nights I just have three hours sleep or less. Am trying to change this habit though, but even the hot weather won't allow me sleep peacefully.

I always want to be healthy and energetic in the morning, so I never sacrifice sleep for something not very important. I sleep about 8 hours and it has only a positive effect on my body

On average, I sleep for 7-8 hours. And if I get less sleep, then my body starts hurting, mainly the legs. I feel so tired; that's why I always avoid late parties and traveling late at night. For me, proper sleep at night is important for my health.

Majority of the times I don't even get up to five or six hours of sleep, I really wish I can have a day where I can just sleep the whole day.

Maybe because of your lifestyle, @eLdavis, you are not getting proper sleep. You must try to get an appropriate amount of sleep to get rid of the diseases, because if you don't get enough sleep, you may have blood pressure issues.

Already feeling sleepy 😔 . The next 6 hours or so of sleep will do me good. But of course, I'll take little breaks to check on social media 🤔

I believe that whenever you feel sleepy, you must leave everything and go to sleep. Checking your mobile in between is not good and may cause health issues. I always keep my phone aside when I sleep. I don't want to be habitual about checking my phone after a few minutes or waking up in the middle of the night.

I mostly get 7-8 hours but if I am late to sleep due to busy with something like a cricket match then I can get max sleep of 6 hours

I mostly get 7-8 hours but if I am late to sleep due to busy with something like a cricket match then I can get max sleep of 6 hours
Oh wow, six hours is still okay. Over here there are times when I just get up three to four or sometimes five hours of sleep alone.

I take my sleep very important, so I make sure that I sleep about 8 hours everyday. On nights I could not complete those hours, I tend to balance it with some sleep at night.

Back