Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How much should you spend on a first date?

For anyone at all, even if such a person is a millionaire, $100 is too much an amount to fund just a first date. I don't think it makes sense to spend such huge amount in just getting to know someone. $20 max is okay from my point of view.
True, I have been taught that even if I have millions overflowing I'm my bank account, I should still minimize how much to spend especially on a first date. First dates should be for getting to know each other, not see how much we can spend.

True, I have been taught that even if I have millions overflowing I'm my bank account, I should still minimize how much to spend especially on a first date. First dates should be for getting to know each other, not see how much we can spend.
This is a really good teaching, and one everyone should learn. Most people tend to spend anyhow simply because they feel they have enough.

When I was on my first date, the guy didn't want me to give money. I still let him pay but it was a small amount because we just had some coke but if it was a lot I would definitely insist on splitting the bills equally

There is no hard and fast rules for the same. It depends on person to person. If I am a girl and I don't have to pay a bill, I would like not let a person to spend much for me.

It depends on how you fashion your own date to be. I always have to spend about $3 on two bottles of drinks for the two of us on the first date or I get a pack of juice.

Back