Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How many books do you normally read monthly or yearly?

Spencer

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Do you have a target when it comes to the number of books you read monthly or yearly? I used to target reading at least 2 books in a month but I couldn't keep up with again. There are so many other commitments which makes it impossible for me to read 2 books or more in a month now.

How many books do you read in a month?

two or three, sometimes even less

I don't hate reading, I just don't really have the focus for it and often just glance at the end to see what happens

Been trying to get in to audio books, but... hmm. Not sure

When it comes to reading a book, I don't do it often as I can't focus on doing that one thing and will go to do something else.
If I do ever manage to read a book, it's probably once or twice a year.

What's a "book"? lol
This is very funny but I know you're only trying to play around because who doesn't know what a book is in this century of our time?

I don't read so many books in a month but the most which I have read in a month would be 4 books. It was a research I was trying to wrap up that made me read that much.

When it comes to reading a book, I don't do it often as I can't focus on doing that one thing and will go to do something else.

I am not someone who hates reading as I believe that reading is very important to make one have knowledge of thing that they desire in life. However, the time factor has been one thing that has affected my reading culture. I want to read, and the books that I have spent hours reading were art of seduction and 48 laws of power by Robert Greene. Both books were of immense help to the way I approach life.

If you are not relaxed and concentrated, it's going to be very difficult to read a book. This is what I found out after I graduated from the University. Back when I was still in the University, there was a purpose for me to read. This made it very easy for me to read even in harsh environment. After I left school, everything changed. I can't read easily like I used to.

If you are not relaxed and concentrated, it's going to be very difficult to read a book. This is what I found out after I graduated from the University. Back when I was still in the University, there was a purpose for me to read. This made it very easy for me to read even in harsh environment. After I left school, everything changed. I can't read easily like I used to.

Having a purpose to read can spur one to keep reading even when they feel that they have other activities that they want to do. To be able to read any book, you should find a purpose for reading such as building your social life or improving your financial level. So, it is all about finding a purpose to read.

Having a purpose to read can spur one to keep reading even when they feel that they have other activities that they want to do. To be able to read any book, you should find a purpose for reading such as building your social life or improving your financial level. So, it is all about finding a purpose to read.
Yes, this is how I felt when I was in the University. The purpose to pass my exams with high grades gave me the unending purpose to read over and over again. I wouldn't mind reading a book 4 times because it's going to help me write my exams on the course with so much confidence. I graduated with first class due to how hard I studied.

This is very funny but I know you're only trying to play around because who doesn't know what a book is in this century of our time?
Run Out Boston Celtics GIF by NBA

Yes, this is how I felt when I was in the University. The purpose to pass my exams with high grades gave me the unending purpose to read over and over again. I wouldn't mind reading a book 4 times because it's going to help me write my exams on the course with so much confidence. I graduated with first class due to how hard I studied.

That is the motivation that I am talking about. When the motivation to read a book is bigger, you will discover that you are going to read under any circumstances that you find yourself. I've seen students read even in a difficult place.

I am more interested in electronic books like Eloquent JS or something technical like mechanic books. The paper book makes a space in house after reading it, unlike pdf books. I read up to 12 books a year by the schedule one book per month.

I'm someone who is not much into books but I've started this habit of reading for 5 pages a day. I've been doing it since October of last year if I'm not wrong. I remember I had started with a book that I finished after 1.5 months. Probably, thats my rate.

I used to love to read books and in 2020 I read about forty books, but then I quickly lost the desire and over the years this number began to decrease. Now I can read no more than two books a year and it can be done even in one week

In my younger days, I used to read 1-2 books every week. I not only read for pleasure but also to build my knowledge. However, these days I do not have time to read books on a regular basis. I cannot even manage to read one book in the entire month. However, I read a lot of journals and articles.

Due to the fact that in my childhood I was often forced to read books that I didn't want to, now as an adult I don't even have the desire to do so, so I read no more than half a book a year because it is very difficult for me to find something interesting for myself

I'll pick up a newspaper once in awhile but that's about it.

In my younger days, I used to read 1-2 books every week. I not only read for pleasure but also to build my knowledge. However, these days I do not have time to read books on a regular basis. I cannot even manage to read one book in the entire month. However, I read a lot of journals and articles.
I also noticed that when I started reading books, my memory developed much better. I liked it at first, but due to the large amount of information, I even started to get confused in my thoughts, so I stopped reading educational literature and only entertaining

Never counted, but I read a lot. I am trying not to get addicted to ebooks. I like hard copies but they are not easy to get these days.

I buy them online and contribute to the local library when possible.

I read about 2 books per year. I prefer to acquire my info online. (Wikipedia, Google, etc.)

Back