Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How does stress impact appetite and food choices?

@Mad Hatter, I love how you have your playlist since you work from home. Good music can
I can relate with the music aspect. It is criminally underrated in my opinion. Good music has the capacity to ease stress and calms the mind, that's why I have a tracklist of great songs that can function to that effect.

inspire and motivate someone when they are working towards their goals. Do you have any favorite genres or artists that you find particularly soothing @Teegold ?

Stress can significantly influence appetite and food choices in several ways. When under stress, some people experience a decreased appetite due to the body's fight-or-flight response suppressing hunger signals. Others may overeat or crave unhealthy, high-fat, or sugary comfort foods as a coping mechanism to relieve stress.

Unfortunately, these foods are often high in calories, sugar, and unhealthy fats, which can contribute to weight gain and other health issues if consumed excessively.
One should ultimately seek stress management skills to help them when they are undergoing stress.

@Mad Hatter, I love how you have your playlist since you work from home. Good music can

inspire and motivate someone when they are working towards their goals. Do you have any favorite genres or artists that you find particularly soothing @Teegold ?
Yes I love listening to those artists from the older days. Songs like 'coat of many colors' by Dolly Parton and 'coward of the county' by Kenny Rogers usually resonate with me. Don Williams and Michael Jackson are artists I listen to a lot too.

When I am stressed, I always find that I stress eat and it is usually something such as savoury foods that I tend to run to when I am stress eating which are never the greatest for you.

Depending on the kind of stress I am under, it can vary as to whether I eat a lot of something or I don't feel like eating at all. Stress that is accompanied by worry tends to be the one the one that triggers the no appetite I have found.

When I'm stressed, I always want to eat salty food. I don't eat that much, but when I'm stressed, like during pregnancy, my taste buds want something different and an unusual combination of food. This is very difficult to resist

Personally, I have never felt too stressed to eat or get to the point that I become selective over my choice of food. Stress just weakens me and doesn't affect my choices of food or appetite.

I don't have that passion even though i am over stressed i will suggest the food i will eat but may be i could not eat the way i hope so

Back