Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How do you keep track of progress

Sevik

Active Contributor

Reaction score
What is your favourite means of measuring your performance and progress? Do you simply rely on a statistical data or use human analysis?

How often do you revisit your strategy and modes of action. Do you get expert help manually or use online tools for the same?

I stick to work works for me when I'm working out. I don't change my training strategy very often. I use a fitness tracker to keep record of my goals.

I do not do any kind of physical training. I have no intention to build muscle mass or build body. Therefore, I do not keep track of my progress. I exercise for health and fitness and I don't put in a lot of efforts on how I am progressing. Having said that if I have to exercise to control my body weight, I do sometimes keep track of progress.

Making use of online tools to keep track of your progress is what is going to be more convenient because it will be very easy for you to record everything that you have done without missing anything and you can always check it to see where you need to improve more. It is exactly what I've been doing since I started working out.

It would have been great if there was a fitness coach. I do not like those online ones. They simply forward you those pre typed text templates.

But a good is costly and hard to find.

You could use papers to write the progress of every day. It seems a good manner to track your everyday progress and discuss what is going on and what is not going at all. Some people goes to redact electronic notebook to track their progress.

For me, a couple of apps are doing it. It syncs with my smart gadgets and collects data.

Measures sleep, walking, physical activity and more.

For me I simply set goals to keep track of how far I have gone, once I have been able to achieve a particular goal, I move on to the next. This also helps me In knowing if am progressing or not.

When it comes to tracking my fitness journey, I'm a big fan of taking progress photos. While metrics like weight, body measurements, and numbers on machines are useful, I find photographic evidence to be the most motivating way to visually see changes over time. Capturing myself from the same angles every few weeks allows me to clearly notice increases in muscle definition and my body's overall transformation.

Weight is the most important thing for me, so I very often adjust my diet and training to match the weight I like. Therefore, I would say that statistics are the most important for me, and also sometimes the general well-being of the body

Back