Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Music How do you discover new music? Any favourite platforms or methods?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
We all enjoy music, whether it be something that lifts our mood, motivates us or just helps us feel better on a bad day, music is something many of us listen to daily.

Listening to the same music over and over can get a little too much so it is always wise to look for and seek out new music and new artists.

When it comes to discovering new music, what are your methods and ways of doing so?

What gets you fed up with radio stations is that they repeat the same songs over the years. The song could be something exciting in the first days but after that due to the fact of repetition, you are bored. Sometimes in fan programs, they talk about their new release of songs.

Boomplay and Spotify have been the two music platforms where I go to listen to new songs. If you are a lover of songs, then you will agree with me that these platforms are good for anyone looking at enjoying some cool songs. I've been using Spotify for months now with zero regrets.

I don't because I don't like today's music.

I never tried to find music specifically, because if you look for it, you will never come across the one you like. Therefore, the only sources from where I get new music can be movies or videos from tiktok where they can use some good music. And that's why I have to listen to the same thing for a long time until I find something worthy

The only way which I have been using to discover and play new music have been through my Spotify. It's where I have been playing 99 percent of the songs I play now. I know it's possible to discover new songs from listening to the radio station but I hardly do that.

You sound like me. I also do not like the contemporary music. I listen to only a few modern artists like Adele ans sometimes Pink. and I mostly listen to the music form the 60s, 70s and early 80s. They use autotune these days, the artists do not have real talent these days. The are not even singer, they are just performer.

This is something so many people have complained about bitterly and if you look at what have been going on with today's music, it will be clear to understand some reasons to this. A lot of musicians are depending on using ladies who are almost half naked to make their songs. This is not what music used to be.

Nomad and Ja Sa Bong, you are my kind of people! Today's 'music' isn't even music, it's just noise. I do like Arcade Fire and George Ezra though.

Nomad and Ja Sa Bong, you are my kind of people! Today's 'music' isn't even music, it's just noise. I do like Arcade Fire and George Ezra though.
I have listened to so many of George Ezra's songs, they are so wonderful. Two songs by George Ezra which are my all time favourite are Paradise and Shotgun. Shotgun was Ezra’s first chart-topping single in the UK, Ireland, and Australia. He won the Brit Award for British Male Solo Artist in February 2019.

'Shotgun' is on my playlist. My former neighbours introduced me to his music.

'Shotgun' is on my playlist. My former neighbours introduced me to his music.

Your former neighbour knows how to enjoy good music by being into George Ezra's songs. Shotgun have been one of the best George Ezra have released in years. Whenever I have time to play, I wouldn't miss out playing this song because it touches my soul.

Yes when there are new music to listen to, I go on Apple Music to check what new music there are. I also enjoy using Spotify to search for what’s new in the music world.
Audiomack and boom play are also music streaming platforms that I go to.

I have the Spotify platform connected and I heard most of the music I listen to there, so it seems to me that it is the best platform for music for a reason

I don't have to go looking for it. The movie and music production teams are very active on social media and anywhere people would go. So not hard to find if something new and worthy is out. ;)

There is a radio channel that I listen to everyday. They usually play wide varieties of songs, so if I hear one that I really like, I hope unto audiomack and search it out. Other times I see new songs on the TV.

Before now, I used to go to music blogs to scout and search for new music but not any longer. The only way I discover new music is just for me to stumble on it when it is being played somewhere. I would ask for the artists and the title ans download it if I like it.

When it comes to discovery new songs, I don't have a specific method. Most times I just go to a music site and start searching, then there are times I come across them while streaming songs on boomplay.

I discover new music through a variety of channels. I enjoy exploring curated playlists on streaming platforms like Spotify, which introduce me to emerging artists and lesser-known gems. I also follow music blogs and YouTube channels that delve into indie and alternative scenes. Word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and fellow music enthusiasts are another valuable source. Ultimately, I find the process of musical discovery to be an endlessly rewarding journey.

Back