Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How do you develop resilience

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
How do you develop resilience and cope with adversity in challenging times? The most important thing is to consider is having a growth mindset by viewing challenges as opportunities for learning and growth, and focusing on solutions rather than dwelling on problems. Building a support network of friends, family, or mental health professionals who can offer guidance and encouragement during difficult times. Self-care improves emotional well-being.

The best way for you to build resilience is by doing something that you are very familiar with because that is the only way you will have the confidence of trusting in what you're doing because you know how productive you can be. Also having good friends who can support you at difficult times will also play a good role in helping you to become resilient.

One way to achieve this is to be sure of what you are doing. When you are sure of whatever it is you are doing, it would be a lot easier to be resilient.

I am not prone to giving up, it isn't in my nature. Plus I believe in myself and possess a lot of self confidence. I don't particularly care what anyone thinks of me as I value my own opinion only.

I've been through a lot in my life and nothing has been able to take me out as of yet. Whatever life throws at me I will throw it back and I will win.

Developing resilience in the face of adversity starts with practicing self-care - ensuring your basic needs for sleep, nutrition, and exercise are met. It's also crucial to maintain a positive outlook and remember that tough times are temporary. Lean on your support system, set small achievable goals, and celebrate little wins along the way.

It starts from your natural viewpoint about life. When you think that life is a rollercoaster, when challenges come, you would roll over and die off. But when you understand that life is challenging by default, you would prepare your mind to face it and that's where resilience is born.

Personally, I think motivation can be a full driving Force for resilience. When someone is motivated to do something come what may, the resilience is already there.

Back