Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

How do people remember their dreams (strange events, places) when in fact their consciousnesses, ability to respond, are reduced in sleep

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Despite reduced consciousness and responsiveness during sleep, the brain's ability to process and consolidate memories remains active. During REM sleep, the brain replays and revises previously experienced events, strengthening neural connections and transferring information from the hippocampus to the neocortex for long-term storage. This process, combined with the brain's tendency to prioritize emotionally salient experiences, enables people to recall vivid and often bizarre dream scenarios, even if their conscious awareness and responsiveness are diminished. The brain's ability to recall dreams is a remarkable example of its autonomous processing capabilities.

When it comes to how people remember their dreams, it usually varies. For some it's more like a distant memory to them, while there are others who remember their dreams like movies they just watched.

Sleep is not an unconscious state, but rather a subconscious one. This explains why people tend to wake up when they hear a loud sound or someone calls them. So it is very possible to remember what transpired in a dream

Yes it's possible, I often remember my dreams , though there are times when it's not that clear, I just remember bits and pieces.

I can dream and forget but there have been some dreams that look too real to be false that will always wake me up from sleep coupled with sweating and a fast heartbeat. Those dreams are what I don't forget easily because immediately I wake up, it's the first thing I remember.

Featured Articles

Back