Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How can a woman exercise during pregnancy?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
Pregnancy can be a difficult time for a woman, so they might not be able to exercise properly. In most cases, exercise during pregnancy is safe and beneficial for both the mother and baby. However, it's important to consult with your healthcare provider before starting or continuing any exercise routine, and to avoid high-impact activities or exercises that could increase the risk of injury. Low impact exercises are good.

Yes, a woman can exercise during the time she is pregnant because it is going to help her during the time when she is in labour to give birth. It is advised for pregnant women to involve in light exercise which is why they normally go for antenental care where doctors and nurses observe what they are doing in terms of exercise to help them out.

When my sister was pregnant, the only thing she did was trek every evening and the midwives said it was enough exercise. And of course, she was advised to do intercourse more as another form of exercise. When they say pregnant women should exercise, it doesn't mean high intensity workouts.

Although I am a woman, I do not understand those mothers who already have a very large stomach and continue to perform very difficult exercises, as for me it would be very scary for me. I still understand if they did a warm-up that would improve their condition.

There are actually specific exercises and workout for pregnant women, but I think the best person to put you though on the exercise that best suits you is your doctor. A pregnant woman should ensure the doctor is aware of whatever kind of exercise they choose.

Exercising during pregnancy is generally safe and beneficial for both the mother and baby when done with proper precautions. Low-impact activities like walking, swimming, and prenatal yoga are excellent choices.

I don't think exercises are necessary for a pregnant woman. But if she so wishes, she do the not so stressful ones like jogging, squatting, and jumping jacks. Again, they are not necessary.

Back