Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have your addiction cost you anything?

Eric

Enthusiast

Reaction score
There is way which one would be battling with a negative addiction, it will have serious adverse effects on the person's life. It may cost the person his job and even his family. I've known a man who was addicted to alcohol, it cost him his job and his wife left him with his kids.

What have your addiction cost you?

I was once addicted to books, I used to read a lot of books and also buy a lot of books, because of my book buying habit, I frequently suffered form money problems. But reading books also enriched my knowledge so in a way I also benefited from my addiction. I have not been into another kind of addiction like drugs and alcohol.

just deleted a game I’ve been spending over 40 hours a week on. I need to pay attention to my work and I feel so much better now

I was addicted to gambling and the only thing it cost me was money and I'm actually very glad that I didn't get any health problems or other addictions from those losses. Because I could become an alcoholic due to the fact that I had a difficult period after I lost a lot

just deleted a game I’ve been spending over 40 hours a week on. I need to pay attention to my work and I feel so much better now

It's better you keep your work than lose it over a game. You're going to be mocked badly should that happen to you. Gaming doesn't pay your bills. You did the right thing.

No, I have never had any negative addition which is something that I have to worry about affecting my life generally on the long run. The only kind of addiction that I've had are positive addiction which have contributed so much in making my life to be better than it used to be when I was younger.

No, I have never had any negative addition which is something that I have to worry about affecting my life generally on the long run. The only kind of addiction that I've had are positive addiction which have contributed so much in making my life to be better than it used to be when I was younger.
But even positive addictions need to sacrifice something for their sake. For example, a lot of people are addicted to books and it's cool because reading it is very informative, but it costs them a lot of time and a lot of money for books

But even positive addictions need to sacrifice something for their sake. For example, a lot of people are addicted to books and it's cool because reading it is very informative, but it costs them a lot of time and a lot of money for books

When you are talking about spending money on books, there are many books website where you can download books for free and read them in order to acquire more knowledge. It doesn't have cost you a lot of money to acquire knowledge from reading books. It is all about finding the option that is going to be convenient for you.

Wow 40 hours? What game was that by the way? Yes we always tend to feel better when we are finally doing the right thing at the right time.

I drank to excess when I was a teenager, cost me a lot of trouble.

I drank to excess when I was a teenager, cost me a lot of trouble.
I hope you have no problems now because this is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen because my family also had these problems but it wasn't me it was hard for me to understand why do this if it won't solve the problems

I hope you have no problems now because this is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen because my family also had these problems but it wasn't me it was hard for me to understand why do this if it won't solve the problems
I have it under control, if I were to screw up on that my girlfriend would leave me.

If I am being honest gambling has caused me a lot of things when it comes to my money and my belongings. There was the time while I was in school I developed an addiction to it and it has made me lose quite some fortune. But thankfully I was able to overcome the addiction.

I was addicted to video games and it killed my social life and it also caused me thousands of dollars of debt. I was playing video games 70+ hours a week. I just quit 2.5+ months ago and I don't have any plans of going back to video games any time soon.

There are also good addictions. Me and my girlfriend are hopelessly addicted to music and spend a lot of time listening to it. But this addiction has added to our lives as opposed to subtracting from it.

I'm grateful to say that I don't believe I've struggled with any true addictions that have significantly impacted my life or cost me dearly. While I may have tendencies to become overly absorbed in certain activities or habits at times, I've been able to maintain a healthy balance and perspective.

Featured Articles

Back