Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you ever been a victim of online scam?

Teegold

Veteran

Reaction score
The only time I have ever been scammed online was when I registered on a Ponzi site and deposited money, hoping to withdraw time 5 on the next 5 days.
But before the 5 days reached, my account was deleted. It was simply nowhere to be found! That's when it dawned on me that I have just experienced my first online scam!
That would be the first and last time I experienced such. Once bitten, twice shy.

Have you been scammed online? Share your experience.

Yes I have been scammed online before on various situations. Especially when I first started looking for ways to make money online.

No, I have never been scammed by any site online except on a few sites where I was not paid, even after reaching the threshold. Since then, I have decided not to register on the site until I don't see any proof of someone getting paid.

I have also worked on various sites before where I did all the work but in the end I never got paid.

I hate being scammed in such a way. We cannot trust every site. We need to check out the site before working on it.

No, I have never been scammed by any site online except on a few sites where I was not paid, even after reaching the threshold. Since then, I have decided not to register on the site until I don't see any proof of someone getting paid.
I'm not sure that counts as a scam since you didn't particularly put your money in there. But it was still unfair considering the time and efforts spent!

I would consider it a scam because I worked hard to reach threshold and not got paid for my hard work.

I would consider it a scam because I worked hard to reach threshold and not got paid for my hard work.
I guess that's another way of looking at it. Either way, it is definitely not cool.

I'm not sure that counts as a scam since you didn't particularly put your money in there. But it was still unfair considering the time and efforts spent!
It can still be considered as scam, especially if he was told he would be paid after the work and the fact that he spent his time and energy working there. The time spent could have been used for something else.

It can still be considered as scam, especially if he was told he would be paid after the work and the fact that he spent his time and energy working there. The time spent could have been used for something else.
Yeah I get it. He was scammed of his time, energy and resources.

I agree with it. Time is equivalent to money, even it is more precious than money. So time lost is money lost.

I agree with it. Time is equivalent to money, even it is more precious than money. So time lost is money lost.
Valid point. If you had channelled that time to something else you would have realized something out of it. So it can be considered a scam.

Exactly, and it can be really painful when you realize you just wasted your time on something that didn't bring good results,

Exactly, and it can be really painful when you realize you just wasted your time on something that didn't bring good results,
That's what the feeling is when you don't get rewards but have committed it while registering on the site.

Yes I have experienced this this on several platforms before in the past.

When I first started working online I was scammed a few times. But after some time I understood scammers tactics and it can never happen again.

When I first started working online I was scammed a few times. But after some time I understood scammers tactics and it can never happen again.
I believe a lot of us when we first started working online where scammed in one way or another, cause back then we lack experience.

Another example of 'once bitten, twice shy'. Experience is indeed the best teacher.

Indeed the experience we go though actually makes us a better version of ourselves and it is these experiences that helps make us who we are today.

When you buy and sell things online frequently, you're bound to encounter scams. Recently, I paid for a software license from a trusted member of a website I'm part of, only for the seller to disappear and never log back into the site. This is known as an exit scam, where a user builds a trustworthy reputation over time, only to scam several members and then vanish.

Featured Articles

Back