Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you been stung by a bee?

Eric

Enthusiast

Reaction score
I found out that I'm allergic to bees since I was a kid. I've been cautious of them because it can be dangerous for me should I get stung by even one of them. Would you have any health challenges should a bee attack and sting you?

I have not been stung by a bee, however, I have been chased by bees once. Many years ago, I was in my farm and walking on the country road, somebody seemed to have angered bees on a tree and when I passed by the road, they all came for me. I ran for life and after some time I found that they had stopped me chasing.

Fortunately, I am not allergic to it because I lived in the village for several years and there were a lot of bees and I was stung many times and if I had an allergy I don't know if I would have to live there. After all, my brother has allergies and it's just terrible what happened to him when he was stung by a bee

I've not seen a bee in more than 3 years. For this, I don't see how I'm going to have an encounter with a bee for it to attack me. I don't have any flowers near my home.

I am an allergic to bees which is why I try as much as possible to avoid going to anywhere there will be a possibility of bees attacking me because if that should happen, I will start having seizure which will require immediate medical assistance. If nothing happens, I might end up passing out in the process.

I am an allergic to bees which is why I try as much as possible to avoid going to anywhere there will be a possibility of bees attacking me because if that should happen, I will start having seizure which will require immediate medical assistance. If nothing happens, I might end up passing out in the process.
Yes, I understand you perfectly because my brother also has an allergy to bees and I saw what happened to him when he was stung by more than two bees. In my opinion, this is a serious allergy and you are doing everything right to avoid bee stings

I have never been stung by a bee.
I am scared of bees as I don't want to be stung by one.

I have never had this experience before, and I really hope I don't. I have heard a lot of stories about how painful it can be, and how the place gets swollen.

I have never had this experience before, and I really hope I don't. I have heard a lot of stories about how painful it can be, and how the place gets swollen.
In fact, it is not as scary as it seems, because the sting hurts only for a few seconds, and the worst thing is that when the bee flies towards you, you start waving your hands and this process from the moment you are stung and before the sting is the worst, because you still have hopes that you will not be stung

I have been stung by both wasps and bees. Wasp stings aren't too bad but a bee sting is out of this world painful.

No, I have never been stung by a bee and I don't pray for it to happen ever. I know someone that was strong by a bee and I saw how swollen his face was, and I never want to experience that kind of pain.

I don't believe I would face any major health challenges if stung by a bee, barring the development of an unexpected allergic reaction. I don't have any known bee or insect allergies. As long as the sting is properly cleaned and treated, I would expect the effects to subside within a few days without any serious complications.

Featured Articles

Back